Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Makers vow to finish Rishi Kapoor’s last film Sharmaji Namkeen

The sudden demise of iconic Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor has shocked everyone. After battling cancer for around two years, he left for his heavenly abode on April 30, 2020, leaving millions of his fans heart-broken and teary-eyed.

When Kapoor was diagnosed with leukaemia in 2018, he was shooting for a film called Sharmaji Namkeen, co-starring Juhi Chawla. While many people would have lost the hope of watching the charismatic actor on screen once again after his death, the makers of Sharmaji Namkeen are planning to complete the film at any cost.


A source close to the production house Excel Entertainment informs a portal, “Excel has no intention of abandoning the film or leaving it incomplete. Sharmaji Namkeen was Rishi sir’s last film and we will leave no stone unturned to make sure that the film is completed. It is the least we can do to honour the memory of Rishi sir.”

Producer Honey Trehan had earlier said that while they had stopped shooting for the film post Kapoor’s diagnosis, the actor was eager to resume the shooting post his treatment. In fact, he was set to begin the shooting on January 15, 2020, in Delhi. Unfortunately, the actor had to travel to the national capital when he lost his sister Ritu Nanda in January. Keeping the entire situation in mind, the producers decided to reschedule the shooting, but the actor insisted on sticking to the schedule.

"However, Rishiji said, ‘bakwaas maat karo, what happened is personal but work is my profession. I am equally responsible for both. The show must go on. This is what my father taught me'. You see, under such circumstances where he lost his sister, he did not forget the high professional value that he learnt from Raj Kapoor saab. Rishi sir knew that the responsibility of the film is on his shoulder as he played the title role of the film. He knew that the unit will suffer if we stop the shooting and there comes his spirit and energy to encourage us saying, ‘the show must go on, tell me the call time," Trehan recollected.

More For You

Robert Downey Jr’s new 'Avengers

Robert Downey Jr’s new 'Avengers: Doomsday' tease puts Iron Man back in play and fans sense a twist

Instagram/robertdowneyjr

Robert Downey Jr shocks MCU watchers with an Iron Man hint buried inside his 'Avengers: Doomsday' post

Highlights:

  • New Robert Downey Jr post pushes talk around Avengers: Doomsday again.
  • Comic-style Iron Man and Doctor Doom image fuels theories about a dual role.
  • Trailer expected to land on 19 December, tied to Avatar: Fire and Ash.
  • Marvel keeping the film sealed, no real leaks, no plot clues.

Robert Downey Jr’s new Avengers: Doomsday tease put Iron Man back in the picture with a single Instagram image. His Thanksgiving post on Instagram showed a tight comic-book shot: only the arms and shoulders of Iron Man and Doctor Doom, both pulling a wishbone.

Robert Downey Jr’s new 'Avengers: Doomsday' tease puts Iron Man back in play and fans sense a twist Instagram/robertdowneyjr

Keep ReadingShow less