Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

England decision to tour Pakistan a 'massive moment' for cricket

England will tour Pakistan next year for the first time since a 2009 attack by gunmen on the visiting Sri Lankan team in a move hailed by England cricket authorities as "a significant moment".

England will play two Twenty20 internationals in Karachi on October 14 and 15 in their first visit to Pakistan since 2005.


England all-rounder Moeen Ali believes Pakistan's decision to honour their commitment to tour England in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic this year played a role.

Ali played in Pakistan in the Pakistan Super League and he thinks England's decision to play there will have positive, far-reaching consequences for the game, not least in Pakistan.

"It's a massive moment for cricket going forward," Ali said on a conference call from Cape Town ahead of a Twenty20 international series against South Africa.

"I think it's right we go back after such a long time for the game itself and for Pakistan and cricket in the country.

"We can't wait to go there."

ECB chief executive officer Tom Harrison hailed the move as a "significant moment for both nations".

Harrison said the priority would be to ensure the squad operated under the tightest security possible.

"We are working closely with the PCB to ensure all the necessary plans are in place," Harrison said.

"Especially concerning the anticipated levels of security around the team, the proposed travel protocols and of course the situation regarding the fast-moving and ever-changing Covid-19 pandemic."

International cricket in Pakistan was put on hold in 2009 after gunmen opened fire on the bus carrying the visiting Sri Lankan team in Lahore, killing eight people and wounding several players and officials.

Pakistan Cricket Board chief executive Wasim Khan said England's tour was confirmation of the positive steps Pakistan had taken in assuring security for visiting teams, which has encouraged nations to return. Zimbabwe toured last month.

"The nation has waited patiently for cricket to return sustainably to Pakistan," Khan said in a statement.

"The enhanced progress made over the last two years has been down to nurturing relationships with various cricket boards and international players, as well as building trust and confidence.

"The ECB's confirmation further endorses Pakistan as safe and secure."

- 'Helped massively' -

Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq said England's decision will encourage other countries who have yet to commit to follow suit.

"I think there can't be bigger news for Pakistan cricket that England will tour Pakistan next year," he said.

"A successful step towards the revival of the game.

"It will go a long way in helping players as well as for the game.

"Once England tour, then confidence will grow for major teams to tour. This is big news and a big achievement."

England had tentatively suggested they would tour in early 2021 but due to prior commitments to Sri Lanka and India they would have been compelled to field a second string squad.

The T20 internationals will serve as a warm-up for the World Cup being hosted by India in October and November.

Pakistan gained favour with the ECB in going ahead with their tour of England earlier this year -- as did the West Indies -- despite the restrictions placed on the squad due to coronavirus protocols.

Pakistan played three Test matches and three T20Is (although one game was a no-result wash-out) in England.

"The teams that came over -- West Indies and Pakistan –- were amazing to have gone through the whole bubble after the coronavirus and all the news that cricket was on the edge," said England's Ali.

"They helped massively with that."

More For You

Camila Cabello suffers corset mishap during Yours C concert but powers through in front of thousands

Camila Cabello keeps performing after her corset came undone mid-song in Taiwan

Instagram/camila_cabello

Camila Cabello suffers corset mishap during Yours C concert but powers through in front of thousands

Highlights:

  • Camila Cabello suffered a wardrobe malfunction when her corset popped open mid-performance.
  • The singer admitted to panicking but continued the show without missing a beat.
  • She later addressed the moment on Instagram, joking about the mishap.
  • The Kaohsiung, Taiwan, concert marked the start of the Asia leg of her Yours, C world tour.

Camila Cabello faced an unexpected wardrobe malfunction when her pale-pink corset popped open during a performance on her Yours, C world tour. The Señorita hitmaker went into “panic” mode as the top came undone while she sang Chanel No. 5, but she managed to keep her composure on stage. The moment quickly trended online, with fans praising her professionalism.

Camila Cabello signalled her team for help as she continued dancing with fans cheering her onInstagram/camila_cabello

Keep ReadingShow less
meghan markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly working on a Netflix documentary about Princess Diana for 2027

Getty Images

Netflix reportedly in talks with Harry and Meghan for Princess Diana documentary with insiders calling it a royal bombshell

Highlights:

  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle extend Netflix deal after £100 million (₹1,054 crore) contract ends.
  • Princess Diana documentary being discussed for 2027, marking 30 years since her death.
  • Netflix given first rights to Sussexes’ new shows under fresh “first look” deal.
  • Meghan’s lifestyle series With Love, Meghan returns for a second season despite mixed reviews.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are in talks with Netflix for a new project centred on Princess Diana, with plans to release a documentary in 2027. The proposal forms part of their renewed “first look” deal with the streaming giant, following the end of their original £100 million (₹1,054 crore) partnership. The late princess remains a powerful secondary figure in the Sussexes’ story, and this project could be one of their most significant ventures yet.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly working on a Netflix documentary about Princess Diana for 2027Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less
Pokémon Go counters

Only Dynamax and Gigantamax Pokémon can be used in battle

Niantic

Pokémon Go Eternatus counters and weaknesses you need to know

Highlights:

  • Eternamax Eternatus is a Poison and Dragon-type Pokémon.
  • It is only available during the Max Finale event under Max Battle rules.
  • Weak to Dragon, Ground, Ice and Psychic-types.
  • Only Dynamax and Gigantamax Pokémon can be used in battle.
  • Rewards include XP, Eternatus Candy and Eternatus Candy XL.

Eternamax Eternatus has arrived in Pokémon Go as part of the Max Finale event, bringing one of the game’s toughest battles to date. As a Gigantamax Pokémon, Eternamax Eternatus can only be fought under Max Battle rules, meaning trainers are restricted to using Dynamax and Gigantamax Pokémon. Choosing the right counters is essential if you want to stand a chance in this encounter.

Eternamax Eternatus type and weaknesses

  • Type: Poison and Dragon
  • Weaknesses: Dragon, Ground, Ice, Psychic

This typing makes Eternamax Eternatus especially dangerous, as it combines high attack power with a broad move pool. Selecting Pokémon that exploit its weaknesses is key to success.

Keep ReadingShow less
Ciara Watkin sexual assault case

Ciara Watkin did not disclose her gender status

Instagram/ Terry Blackburn

UK trans woman Ciara Watkin guilty of sexual assault after failing to reveal transgender status

Highlights:

  • A 21-year-old transgender woman has been convicted of sexual assault in northeast England.
  • Ciara Watkin did not disclose her gender status before engaging in sexual activity with a male partner.
  • The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said the man could not give informed consent.
  • Watkin was found guilty on three charges at Teesside Crown Court.
  • Sentencing is scheduled for 10 October.

A transgender woman has been convicted of sexually assaulting a male partner after failing to disclose her gender status before sexual activity. Prosecutors argued that the man could not give informed consent, and the case has been described as having a significant impact on his mental wellbeing.

The case

Ciara Watkin, 21, from Stockton-on-Tees, met the man, also 21, on Snapchat in June 2022. She later engaged in sexual activity with him without revealing her gender status. During their first encounter, she told him she was on her period and could not be touched below the waist.

Keep ReadingShow less
Coolie box office collection

Rajinikanth's Coolie which has crossed £430m worldwide in just nine days

Instagram/sunpictures

Rajinikanth’s 'Coolie' beats Vijay’s 'GOAT' at worldwide box office with £430m becoming the fifth biggest Tamil blockbuster

Highlights:

  • Rajinikanth’s Coolie crosses the £430m (₹457 crore) mark at the worldwide box office in nine days
  • The film has now overtaken Vijay’s GOAT to become the fifth highest-grossing Tamil film ever
  • Strong overseas earnings from the UK, US and Australia boosted its box office performance
  • Directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj, the film stars Rajinikanth, Nagarjuna, Shruti Haasan and Aamir Khan in a cameo

Rajinikanth’s Coolie has emerged as one of the biggest Tamil blockbusters of 2025, with its worldwide box office collection crossing £430m (₹457 crore) in just nine days. The film, which has been a major talking point in Tamil cinema, has not only dominated the Indian market but also broken records in overseas territories such as the UK, US, and Australia. By surpassing Vijay’s The Greatest Of All Time (GOAT), Coolie has now become the fifth highest-grossing Tamil film of all time.

Coolie box office collection Coolie overtakes Vijay’s GOAT to become the fifth highest-grossing Tamil film of all time Instagram/sunpictures

Keep ReadingShow less