Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Anushka Sharma reveals the reason behind not signing films after Zero

Anushka Sharma is one of the most popular actresses in Bollywood who does at least one or two films in a year. However, after the release of Zero (2018), the talented actress did not take up any new projects, which set the tongue waggling. While some media outlets reported that she is in the family way, others went on to say that she is focusing more on her production ventures than films.

More than half a year post the release of Zero, Anushka Sharma has herself revealed the reason behind not signing any new film projects. In her latest interview to an entertainment magazine, the NH10 (2014) actor revealed that she was feeling too worked up and hence, needed to take two months off.


“That’s a conscious decision. I wanted to take a couple of months off after Zero. After I got married, it was like a whirlwind. I was back on the sets shooting for Sui Dhaaga: Made In India (2018) and later Zero. I was just working back to back. Whatever time I’d get, I’d try to balance and meet Virat. But I was feeling too worked up. I needed to take two months off. I told my team I don’t even want to read anything right now. It’s important as a creative person to take time off but you deny yourself that. Of course, there is pressure. You are constantly asked, “Which film are you signing?” said the actress.

While fans are waiting to see Anushka Sharma back on the silver again soon, she is currently busy with her digital production ventures. For the unversed, her production company Clean Slate Films is producing two digital series for Netflix, namely Bulbul and Mai.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less