- Actor Saif Ali Khan was born in New Delhi. He is popularly considered as the ‘Chote Nawab of Pataudi’. However, the Government of India has abolished the official existence of princely titles. His father was a popular cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
2. Before marrying Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan was married to actress Amrita Singh who is 12 years older to him. His parents were against his marriage due to the age gap. However, now there is a 10-year gap between Kareena and Saif.
3. After his divorce, the actor dated Rosa Catalano, a Swiss model born in Italy. He met Catalano in Kenya and dated her for three years. However, they broke up, following Catalano’s allegations that he had not told her about his marriage and kids.
4. Dil Chahta Hai won a whole lot of awards and marked Saif’s coming of age as an actor but when the role was offered to him, he initially rejected it. He required a whole lot of convincing from senior actors before he actually decided to go through with it.
5. Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan are proud owners of two pet dogs. It was reported that Kareena was not an animal lover until her husband Saif brought home Elvis, their pet dog. Kareena had even admitted, “I didn’t think I would become such a dog lover. But Elvis has changed that.”