1. Abhay Deol was involved in theatre since childhood and used to act in school plays. His father Ajit Singh Deol is a producer and a director. At the age of 18, he decided to take the plunge. It took him 10 years because he didn’t wanted to leave his education to get into films. He wants to work with his brothers and his uncle.
2. He made his film debut in the 2005 film Socha Na Tha. The film got him good reviews for his performance. Zoya Akhtar’s 2011 film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was a super hit and he was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Along with films Abhay Deol has been working on several social issues.
3. Abhay Deol is also the pivotal person behind 2009 Bollywood film Dev.D, a modern-day version of Devdas in which he enacts the title role. The critic gave the movie a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. Abhay also did a special Item number for the Sudhir Mishra directed movie Tera Kya Hoga Johnny in 2010.
4. Abhay made his singing debut with the song Senorita from Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobara. Director Zoya Akhtar insisted Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol to sing for that song as it was the only lip-sync song in the film. The actors agreed to it and he took singing very seriously.
5. He has appeared on the several magazine covers including the Man’s World and the Time Out Mumbai, with titles such as “The New Face of Indian Cinema”. In 2009, Deol was included in the list of Zoom’s “50 Most Desirable Hotties”. Deol learned the Israeli martial art Krav Maga.