Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Priyanka Chopra confirmed for Bharat

Last seen in the Prakash Jha directorial Jai Gangaajal, global icon Priyanka Chopra has signed a new film called Bharat. The movie is an official remake of the South Korean film, Ode To My Father and stars megastar Salman Khan in the lead role.

Bharat reunites Chopra with Khan after a decade. Their last film God Tussi Great Ho hit screens in 2008. Not just Khan, PC will also be reuniting with director Ali Abbas Zafar after their 2014 film Gunday, co-starring Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor.


Bharat it is! I’m looking forward to working with Salman and Ali after a considerable time. I have learnt a lot from them during our previous collaborations and I am excited to see what this one has to offer. I’m also looking forward to working with Atul, Alvira and the entire team. To all my well-wishers who have been patient and supportive, thank you for your constant support and I’ll see you at the movies,” Priyanka said in a statement.

Director Ali Abbas Zafar welcomes the actress on her return to Bollywood. “Bharat is Priyanka’s homecoming to Bollywood after having proven her range as a performer in Hollywood films and a blockbuster global TV show. Bharat is rooted in India and its culture despite it spanning over 70 years and set across various countries of the world. Priyanka is the biggest Indian artist internationally and she is a perfect fit for the film. Priyanka brings in outstanding acting as well as incredible international appeal to make the scale of the film bigger and even more global.”

Produced by Salman Khan’s sister Alvira Khan Agnihotri and brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri in association with Bhushan Kumar of T-Series, Bharat went on floors on Monday and is scheduled to arrive in cinemas during Eid 2019.

More For You

Harry Potter

HBO's Harry Potter adaptation already has a second season confirmed, which was announced earlier this month

Harry Potter

Harry Potter to recast youngest Weasley as Gracie Cochrane exits after debut season

Highlights

  • Gracie Cochrane will not return as Ginny Weasley after season one.
  • HBO begins search for new actor to take over the role from season two.
  • Series starts Christmas Day with ambitious 10-year plan ahead.
Gracie Cochrane will leave her role as Ginny Weasley after the first season of HBO's Harry Potter television series.
The young actor, who got the part in August 2025, has decided to step away from the role due to unforeseen circumstances that have not been disclosed publicly.

"Gracie has made the challenging decision to step away from her role as Ginny Weasley in the HBO Harry Potter series after season one," her family said in a statement shared with Deadline.

"Her time as part of the Harry Potter world has been truly wonderful, and she is deeply grateful to Lucy Bevan and the entire production team for creating such an unforgettable experience. Gracie is very excited about the opportunities her future holds."

Keep ReadingShow less