‘Pick-up artist’ jailed for approaching girls and threatening them (Photo: JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)

A YOUTUBE pick-up artist who targeted young and vulnerable women has been jailed for two years, it was reported on Tuesday (22).

Adnan Ahmed, from Maryhill in Glasgow, has been jailed for threatening behaviour towards women that left them “mentally scarred”. He called himself Addy A-game in covertly filmed videos.

The 38-year-old has also been placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years.

Sheriff Lindsay Wood said there was a “significant sexual aspect” to the offences.

“Two schoolgirls were shamefully targeted by you in a quiet lane and the three other women were considerably younger than you,” the sheriff told Ahmed.

“Why on earth would you consider it appropriate to touch a complete stranger on the cheek and try to kiss them?”

He added: “You have acquired both notoriety and an unenviable reputation. Further, the public will be wise to such behaviour in future towards women by you and others like you.

“The courts will always try to keep abreast of developing criminal trends which cause public disquiet, concern and even outrage and will take appropriate steps to tackle these.”

Police began an investigation into Ahmed after his behaviour was revealed by the BBC’s The Social.

In video clips posted online, Ahmed provided advice on how to get over “last-minute resistance” to sex. YouTube has since removed a number of videos posted by Ahmed.

Ahmed insisted what he did was educational, but a number of women said during the trial that they were intimidated by his approaches.

One victim broke down in court while describing how Ahmed followed her through Glasgow city centre in 2016.

The woman said: “He tried to pull me close to him so he could kiss me, so I pushed him away.

“He put his hand on my cheek and other hand on my back and pulled me in.

“He just had pure lust in his eyes.”

Another victim said that Ahmed accused her of being racist when she rejected his advances.

His two-year sentence was backdated to January when he was first remanded in custody.