Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Legends Tendulkar, Laxman heap praise on victorious India team

Indian cricket legends including VVS Laxman and Sachin Tendulkar hailed the current Test team on Monday (10) after they ended a 10-year victory drought in Australia with a thrilling win in Adelaide.

Virat Kohli's team won by 31 runs on day five, prompting praise and celebrations as India clinched only their sixth victory in 71 years of tours to Australia.


"Amazing grit displayed by the Australian lower order, but this is a moment to savour for a long time for Team India," Laxman tweeted.

"The bowlers gave it everything and let's just enjoy this and carry the momentum into the Perth Test," he added.

Wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant grabbed a world record-equalling 11 catches as Indiawent 1-0 up after the opening match of the four-Test series.

Australia, attempting what would have been a record chase of 323 at the Adelaide Oval, battled to 291 before Ravichandran Ashwin had Josh Hazlewood caught to end the innings.

"Way to start the series! #TeamIndia never released the pressure," India's batting legend Sachin Tendulkar said on Twitter.

"Superb batting by (Cheteshwar) Pujara with crucial knocks in both innings, Ajinkya Rahane in second innings and excellent contributions by our 4 bowlers. This has brought back memories of 2003," he added.

India's last Test success in Australia was at the WACA Ground in Perth in 2008, and their only previous success in Adelaide was in 2003, a match that both Laxman and Tendulkar played in.

Pujara was instrumental this time, top-scoring in both innings after he hit 123 in his first knock and 71 in his second.

"Test cricket is best cricket. Great fight by Australia in the end but India were too good. Winning after being 41-4 in first innings is a special effort," former opener Virender Sehwag, another 2003 veteran, said in a tweet.

"Outstanding Test match for Pujara and great effort from our bowlers. Promises to be a great series," he added.

Harbhajan Singh, who featured in several memorable matches between the two teams, congratulated his former teammates and described Pujara's performance as "top stuff".

India now take the momentum into the second Test in Perth starting Friday, with Melbourne and Sydney to follow.

More For You

Heidi Klum

Heidi and Leni Klum pose together in co-ordinated Intimissimi gowns at the Venice Film Festival

Instagram/heidiklum

Heidi Klum Venice Film Festival look with daughter Leni reignites criticism over mother-daughter lingerie fashion partnership

Highlights:

  • Heidi Klum and daughter Leni walked the Venice Film Festival red carpet in matching corset-style gowns.
  • The supermodel opted for a blush pink silk design, while Leni wore an inky black version.
  • Both gowns were created by Italian lingerie brand Intimissimi, for which they are ambassadors.
  • The mother-daughter duo previously fronted a controversial campaign for the same brand.

Heidi Klum's Venice Film Festival appearances always generate headlines, but this year she doubled the impact by walking the red carpet with her daughter Leni. The pair stunned in co-ordinated gowns from Italian intimates brand Intimissimi, bringing high fashion and red carpet glamour together in one of the festival’s most talked-about moments. Their matching corset silhouettes highlighted the duo’s modelling credentials and added a striking family twist to the opening night of the prestigious event.

Heidi Klum Heidi and Leni Klum pose together in co-ordinated Intimissimi gowns at the Venice Film Festival Instagram/heidiklum

Keep ReadingShow less
Ahaan Panday

Ahaan Panday says years of blind optimism kept him going before Saiyaara

Instagram/ahaanpandayy

Ahaan Panday says Bollywood wronged him and admits he was delusional before 'Saiyaara' broke box office records

Highlights:

  • Ahaan Panday opens up on being ‘wronged’ before his Bollywood debut
  • Actor admits he spent years in ‘blind optimism’ waiting for launch
  • Saiyaara has become the highest-grossing love story in Indian cinema history
  • The Mohit Suri directorial collected £53 million (₹563 crore) worldwide

Bollywood newcomer Ahaan Panday has revealed that he felt “wronged” by people in the industry before finally making his long-awaited debut with Mohit Suri’s Saiyaara. The 27-year-old actor, who comes from the well-known Panday family, said he lived in “blind optimism” for four to five years as projects kept falling through. Despite setbacks, Ahaan maintained that he never became bitter and channelled his struggles into his performance.

Ahaan Panday says years of blind optimism kept him going before Saiyaara Instagram/ahaanpandayy

Keep ReadingShow less
Jio Platforms

Jio Platforms includes India’s largest telecom operator, Reliance Jio Infocomm, with more than 500 million users. (Photo: Reuters)

Reuters

Jio IPO planned for mid-2026, AI unit announced with Meta and Google

RELIANCE Industries plans to take its telecom and digital arm, Jio Platforms, public by mid-2026, chairman Mukesh Ambani said on Friday. The announcement sets a new timeline for the long-awaited IPO of a business analysts value at over $100 billion.

At its annual general meeting (AGM), Reliance also announced the launch of an artificial intelligence unit in partnership with Google and Meta.

Keep ReadingShow less
Salman-Agha

Agha scored 53 not out from 36 balls, hitting three sixes and three boundaries, as Pakistan posted 182-7 in their 20 overs. (Photo: Getty Images)

Getty Images

Agha, Rauf shine as Pakistan beat Afghanistan in T20 tri-series opener

SALMAN AGHA’s unbeaten half century and Haris Rauf’s four wickets guided Pakistan to a 39-run win over Afghanistan in the opening T20 match of the tri-series in Sharjah on Friday.

Agha scored 53 not out from 36 balls, hitting three sixes and three boundaries, as Pakistan posted 182-7 in their 20 overs.

Keep ReadingShow less
Sony next console

The top model could match the PS5 Pro at around £699.99

Nintendo

Sony’s next console could be both handheld and dockable, claim rumours

Highlights:

  • Reports suggest Sony is planning three versions of its next console
  • One model, codenamed Canis, could function as both a handheld and a docked console, similar to Nintendo Switch
  • The flagship version, Orion, is expected to be the main high-spec console
  • Pricing speculation indicates the top model could match the PS5 Pro at around £699.99

Fresh rumours claim Sony is preparing a dockable handheld version of its next-generation console, the PlayStation 6. The device, reportedly codenamed Canis, is said to target the same hybrid market as Nintendo’s Switch and the expected Switch 2.

Details of the rumour

The information comes from YouTube channel Moore’s Law is Dead (via Push Square), which suggests Sony will release three versions of the PS6:

Keep ReadingShow less