Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Kohli will face his real competition in South Africa: Bedi

Spin legend Bishen Singh Bedi believes India skipper Virat Kohli is yet to face real competition and the upcoming tough tour of South Africa will test his batting as well as captaincy skills.

Bedi said Kohli will now face his real competition in the upcoming tour of South Africa.


While Bedi measured PV Sindhu for her acted properity against top contestants at the world stage, he acted Kohli would be "struggling" to attain what the Olympic winner shuttler has scored over the years.

"Sindhu has achieved a lot over the years and I dare Virat Kohli would be struggling," the former India cricket captain said.

"She has been competing with the best of the world, but Kohli will now be competition with the best of world in South Africa. The tour of South Africa will be a test for Kohli," Bedi added.

Bedi’s comments came in an event where the Sportstar magazine has been re-launched in a new, refreshed look.

Sportstar will now return to magazine form again from tabloid. It will be issued fortnightly with increased 84 number of pages in place of weekly.

The magazine was launched by Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore along with Bedi, hockey great Zafar Iqbal, national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand and PV Sindhu.

A host of other sporting dignitaries from various fields were also in attendance.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less