Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

First-look posters of Satyamev Jayate 2 out

After the huge success of vigilant action drama Satyamev Jayate in 2018, writer-director Milap Zaveri is set to commence work on Satyamev Jayate 2, a sequel to his blockbuster film. While John Abraham has been retained in the sequel, actress Aisha Sharma has been replaced with Divya Khosla Kumar.

Today, the makers dropped the first-look posters of the movie, which created a lot of buzz on social media. Talking about the sequel, John Abraham said in a statement, "I genuinely enjoyed the story and telling of the original film. I could tell it was a story that the audience will find engaging. With SMJ2, the aim, once again, is to entertain the audience with a story that is relevant in today's times."

Divya Khosla Kumar, who began her acting career with the Anil Sharma directorial Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyon (2004) and later switched to direction, is making her silver screen comeback with Satyamev Jayate 2. Talking about what led her to say yes to the film, she said, "I did not want to act in a film just for the sake of it. For me, what mattered was the story and the role, and I got the right opportunity with this film."

Bankrolled by T-Series and Emmay Entertainment and Motion Pictures, Satyamev Jayate 2 will be directed by Milap Zaveri. “Satyameva Jayate 2 is twice the action, emotion, power, patriotism and punch. Led by John Abraham back as a crusader for justice and with Divya Khosla Kumar joining the franchise, I hope next Gandhi Jayanti we provide the audiences with a powerful entertainer that also gives a strong message against corruption," said the filmmaker.

Set to hit the shooting floor soon, Satyameva Jayate 2 is poised for its theatrical release on October 2, 2020.

More For You

Nora Fatehi summoned as 'Sarke Chunar' controversy reaches National Commission for Women
The controversy centres on the song Sarke Chunar from KD The Devil
X/ knews_odisha

Nora Fatehi summoned as 'Sarke Chunar' controversy reaches National Commission for Women

Highlights

  • Nora Fatehi is set to appear before the National Commission for Women on Thursday
  • The controversy centres on the song Sarke Chunar from KD The Devil
  • Sanjay Dutt had earlier apologised to the Commission over the issue

The controversy around Sarke Chunar has taken another turn, with Nora Fatehi scheduled to appear before the National Commission for Women (NCW) after being summoned over the song’s alleged portrayal of women.

The track, featured in the Kannada film KD The Devil, sparked criticism after the Hindi version was released online in March. Complaints over the song’s lyrics and visuals led to growing backlash, prompting the makers to later remove the Hindi version from YouTube. Despite this, clips of the song continued circulating across social media platforms.

Keep ReadingShow less