Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Ajay Devgn and Tabu to return to topline Drishyam 2

Ajay Devgn and Tabu to return to topline Drishyam 2

By: Mohnish Singh

Malayalam film Drishyam 2, starring megastar Mohanlal in the lead role, premiered today and is currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video. The film has received great reviews from critics and the audience is also going gaga over the suspense thriller.


According to reports, Bollywood producer Kumar Mangat has already acquired the rights to remake Drishyam 2 in Hindi. If all goes well, Ajay Devgn and Tabu will return to reprise their roles from Drishyam (2015) as Drishyam 2 is a continuation of what happens in the first part.

Spilling some more beans, a source close to the development tells a publication, “Ajay Devgn and Kumar Mangat had decided to buy the rights to remake Drishyam 2 ever since it was announced. Now, they are putting together a team to bankroll the project. Ajay Devgn is also chalking out his dates to schedule this film sometime later this year. He will return with Tabu for Drishyam 2 and the makers are eyeing to go on the floors around the last quarter of 2021 after Ajay wraps up work on his other films. They wish to release it sometime next year.”

Not only Ajay Devgn and Tabu but Shriya Saran and Ishita Dutt are also expected to return to reprise their roles in the sequel. However, the makers will have to rope in a new director to helm the project as filmmaker Nishikant Kamat, who directed the Hindi remake, is no more.

“After Nishikant Kamat's untimely demise left everyone in shock, Ajay and Kumar were discussing who they can pitch this film to helm. There were a few names on the table including Sujoy Ghosh. But they are most likely to sign Jeetu Joseph, the director of the Malayalam versions, to direct the Hindi version too,” adds the source.

Keep visiting this space over and again for more updates and reveals from the world of entertainment.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

Shah Rukh Khan and two Bollywood stars told to stop Vimal ads amid $5 billion pan masala controversy

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have been caught up in Maharashtra’s latest crackdown

Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan and two Bollywood stars told to stop Vimal ads amid $5 billion pan masala controversy

Highlights

  • Maharashtra’s Food and Drug Administration has issued show-cause notices to Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff over Vimal Elaichi advertisements
  • The regulator says the campaigns may indirectly promote a pan masala product associated with the Vimal brand
  • The actors have been asked to remove the advertisements from social media and explain their endorsements within 15 days
  • India’s pan masala market was estimated at around £3.7 billion last year, based on the reported $5 billion valuation and the August 17, 2026 exchange rate of about $1.356 per £1

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have been caught up in Maharashtra’s latest crackdown on surrogate advertising, after the state’s food safety regulator questioned their involvement in Vimal Elaichi campaigns.

The Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has asked the three actors to explain why action should not be taken against them, arguing that the advertisements for cardamom may help maintain consumer recognition of Vimal’s pan masala products.

Keep ReadingShow less