1. Her father Joel Koechlin came to India from France, 60 years ago and met Kalki Koechlin’s mother, Francoise Armandie, at the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Auroville, Puducherry. They then fell in love and set up their home in Kallaty. Kalki’s father runs an experimental light-sport aircraft-making factory.
2. Kalki was born on 10 January 1984 in Pondicherry, India. Her last name Koechlin is pronounced as “Kek-la”. Apart from her firangi descent, Kalki is extremely fluent in English, Hindi, Tamil and French.
3. Kalki’s great-grandfather, Maurice Koechlin, was the Chief Engineer for the construction of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and also the Statue of Liberty. And If not an actor Kalki wanted to be a criminal psychologist.
4. Kalki has already co-written two scripts with two of the most prominent directions in Bollywood. The first being Anurag Kashyap Girl in the yellow boots and the second one, she was awarded the Metroplus Playwright award in 2009 for The Skeleton Woman.
5. From being a waitress in London during her college days to doing teleshopping ads in Mumbai, this lady has done it all. She likes bike trips with her dad and both of them have even done a television show on Fox life.