Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

‘My wife says Strictly made me happy for first time in 35 years’: Krishnan Guru-Murthy

Krishnan and his dance partner Lauren Oakley did a Cabaret-themed Charleston on last Saturday’s Movie Week and scored 30 points.

‘My wife says Strictly made me happy for first time in 35 years’: Krishnan Guru-Murthy

Broadcaster Krishnan Guru-Murthy has amassed a new fanbase ever since he joined Britain’s popular celebrity dance reality show Strictly Come Dancing. He, along with his professional dance partner Lauren Oakley, has been delighting audiences with some entertaining dance performances. Not only his fans, but Krishnan’s family is also extremely happy that he decided to participate in the competition.

The 53-year-old has admitted that his family think that Strictly Come Dancing has made him happy for the first time in 35 years.


Speaking to Steph's Packed Lunch on Tuesday, Krishnan said, “I'm having the best time ever. It's a terrible admission, my wife and I went for a walk the other day with the dog. She turned to me and said she'd been talking to my brother and they were wondering whether I have never been really happy for the last 35 years.”

“People are much happier now than when they talk to me about the news,” he added.

Krishnan and his dance partner Lauren Oakley did a Cabaret-themed Charleston on last Saturday's Movie Week and scored 30 points.

Last month Krishnan opened up about his genetic heart condition, revealing that he has been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which according to the British Heart Foundation is a disease of your heart muscle, where the muscle wall of your heart becomes thickened.

Stay tuned to this space for more updates!

More For You

James Bond

The search for the next James Bond heats up after new clues emerge

Getty Images

Is a younger British actor about to be unveiled as the next James Bond?

Highlights:

  • Callum Turner suddenly pushed to the top of the James Bond odds
  • Bookmakers say he’s jumped ahead of Henry Cavill and Theo James
  • Denis Villeneuve set to direct the new 007 film
  • Amazon’s takeover of the franchise signals a younger Bond era

Callum Turner’s name has shot back into the James Bond conversation and hasn’t slowed since The Telegraph reported that the British actor is now seen as the strongest contender. The update landed just as interest in Denis Villeneuve’s takeover as director grows, giving the rumour more weight than usual.

James Bond The search for the next James Bond heats up after new clues emerge Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less