Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Karan Johar breaks his silence on accusations of celebs being under the influence of drugs at his party

It was a couple of weeks ago when Karan Johar shared a video on Instagram where a lot of celebs were partying and having a good time at the filmmaker’s house. The video grabbed the attention of MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa who claimed that the celebs at the party were under the influence of drugs.

Sirsa had tweeted, “#UDTABollywood - Fiction Vs Reality Watch how the high and mighty of Bollywood proudly flaunt their drugged state!! I raise my voice against #DrugAbuse by these stars. RT if you too feel disgusted @shahidkapoor @deepikapadukone @arjunk26 @Varun_dvn @karanjohar @vickykaushal09.”


The party was attended by Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, Mira Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Vicky Kaushal, and others. None of them gave a clarification on the accusations, but now finally Karan Johar has broken his silence on the whole scenario.

Recently, in an interview, with the senior journalist, Rajeev Masand, Karan stated, “There were achieving members of the industry who were having an easy night out after a hard week of work, having a good time. I took that video with all the earnestness... would I be putting out that video if there was anything happening at all, I am not stupid. Apparently, you are not allowed to scratch your nose. Apparently, you are not allowed to put your phone in your back pocket. Apparently, a shadow of light is perceived to be some kind of powder.”

The filmmaker further stated that his mother was there at the party as well. He said, “My mother, 5 minutes before this video, was sitting with us. It was that kind of a family, happy, social gathering, where friends were sitting and having a good time and we were listening to some music, having some good food and having good conversational energy there. There was nothing else going on.”

Though Karan kept mum this time, he has decided he won’t be silent if there are such baseless accusations next time. The director said, “I don’t react very well to these baseless accusations because that’s what they were, baseless. I told them also... I am not taking this very kindly, the next time where baseless accusations, I will take the legal route. You cannot mar our solid reputations, our sincere reputations our committed reputations just because you are presuming something. You cannot put out a baseless accusation that has no base, no fact, no truth, no reality and try and mar us and our reputations, it’s ridiculous.”

We wonder if the politician has to say something on Karan’s statement.

More For You

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

Aditya Chopra (right) with his father, Yash Chopra

YRF

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

BOLLYWOOD filmmaker Aditya Chopra was last Thursday (21) named among the nominees of the UK Stage Debut Awards for his Come Fall in LoveThe DDLJ Musical, performed at Manchester’s Opera House earlier this year.

Chopra delivered a blockbuster in 1995 with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, popular as DDLJ, with Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead roles. It was adapted to a theatrical production and had its UK premiere in May.

Keep ReadingShow less
John Alford

The case continues at St Albans Crown Court

PA

Actor John Alford on trial for alleged abuse of minors, says he was targeted for extortion

Highlights:

  • John Alford, 53, is accused of sexually abusing two girls aged 14 and 15 at a Hertfordshire party in 2022.
  • Charges include sexual activity with a child, sexual assault and assault by penetration.
  • Prosecutors allege both girls were drunk when the incidents occurred.
  • Alford, whose real name is John Shannon, denies all allegations.
  • The trial is taking place at St Albans Crown Court.

Former London’s Burning actor John Alford is on trial accused of sexually abusing two teenage girls at a house party in Hertfordshire on 9 April 2022.

The 53-year-old, from Holloway, north London, faces four counts of sexual activity with a 14-year-old and two charges involving a 15-year-old girl, including sexual assault and assault by penetration. He has denied all the charges.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hyundai fraud case SRK Deepika

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have been listed in the complaint as brand ambassadors of Hyundai

Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone named in fraud case linked to Hyundai car defects

Highlights:

  • An FIR has been registered in Bharatpur against Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Hyundai officials.
  • A local resident alleges his Hyundai Alcazar SUV, bought in 2022, developed major defects.
  • The case includes fraud and conspiracy charges under IPC and Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita.
  • Both actors, Hyundai brand ambassadors, are accused of misleading consumers.
  • Neither Shah Rukh Khan nor Deepika Padukone’s teams have responded yet.

Legal case filed in Bharatpur

Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone are facing legal trouble after an FIR was filed against them in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. The complaint, registered on 25 August at Mathura Gate police station, also names six Hyundai officials.

The case stems from allegations made by Kirti Singh, a Bharatpur resident, who claimed his Hyundai Alcazar SUV, purchased in 2022 for more than ₹23 lakh, developed serious technical issues within months. He further alleged that repeated attempts to get the company to address the problems were unsuccessful.

Keep ReadingShow less
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Swift’s choice of So High School—widely believed to be inspired by Kelce—added a personal touch

Instagram/ taylorswift

Taylor Swift announces engagement to Travis Kelce with playful message to fans

Highlights:

  • Taylor Swift announced engagement to American footballer Travis Kelce via Instagram.
  • Kelce proposed in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, surrounded by floral displays.
  • Swift showcased a cushion-cut diamond ring from Artifex Fine Jewellery.
  • Fans and celebrities, including the Prince and Princess of Wales, reacted with excitement.

Taylor Swift confirms engagement with Instagram Post

Taylor Swift has announced her engagement to American football player Travis Kelce, sharing the news on Instagram with a carousel of images and the caption: “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.” The post, accompanied by her ballad So High School, quickly went viral, gaining more than 18 million likes within hours.

The photos show Kelce on one knee, Swift wearing a Ralph Lauren halter-neck dress and a Cartier watch, and the singer flashing her cushion-cut diamond engagement ring. According to reports, the ring was purchased from Artifex Fine Jewellery, with prices beginning at around $29,000 (£21,500).

Keep ReadingShow less
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Getty Images

Lilly Singh joins Netflix’s Bollywood dance film 'Best of the Best'

NETFLIX has expanded its cast for Best of the Best, a coming-of-age film set around competitive Bollywood dancing, with comedian Lilly Singh joining in.

Hasan Minhaj and Prashanth Venkataramanujam have penned the story, about what happens when two childhood friends join the Bollywood dance team at their college. Minhaj will also act.

Keep ReadingShow less