Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Ekta Kapoor and Bhushan Kumar join forces for Ek Villain sequel

Producers Ekta Kapoor and Bhushan Kumar have joined hands to bankroll a sequel to the 2014 musical hit Ek Villain. Starring Sidharth Malhotra, Shraddha Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh in lead roles, Ek Villain was one of the most successful films of 2014 whose songs are still popular among the audience. The sequel will be headlined by Aditya Roy Kapur and John Abraham. Mohit Suri will return to call the shots.

Talking about the sequel, Mohit Suri had earlier informed a popular publication that both Aditya Roy Kapur and John Abraham will play negative characters. “It’s essentially villain versus villain. Both Adi and John are playing negative characters. We are going to push the bar further with Villain 2. I was an assistant on John’s first film, and we have been trying to work with each other for a while. This script proved to be a great platform for the two of us to come together and I am excited about it. We start rolling in June," he had said.

Ekta Kapoor confirmed collaborating with Bhushan Kumar for the Ek Villain sequel. "It is always exciting to work with like-minded individuals and people who share the same passion as you. As producers, we are always looking to enhance the experience and entertainment quotient for audiences and the collaboration with Bhushan & T-Series will help us create just that. This association is indeed a mark of a new beginning.”

Bhushan Kumar is also excited about the collaboration. “Ekta and I have previously worked together for the music of her films. I am glad that we are joining hands to produce meaningful cinema and bring to our audiences diverse content. It will be a powerful collaboration and I am hoping we bring to screen some path-breaking stories,” he said.

The project is set to begin production in mid-2020 and it will release on January 8, 2021.

More For You

Daniel Caesar brings introspective 'Son Of Spergy' tour to Manchester and London

Known for blending stripped-back vulnerability with soulful production

Getty Images

Daniel Caesar brings introspective 'Son Of Spergy' tour to Manchester and London

Highlights

  • Daniel Caesar has announced two UK arena dates for September 2026
  • The singer will perform in London and Manchester as part of his Son Of Spergy tour
  • The album explores family, identity and reconciliation
  • General ticket sales begin on May 20

Daniel Caesar returns to the UK with arena shows

Daniel Caesar is returning to the UK this autumn with two arena performances tied to his latest album, Son Of Spergy.

The R&B singer will appear at The O2 on September 2 before heading to Co-op Live on September 4 as part of his expanding world tour.

Keep ReadingShow less