Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Details of Akshay Kumar-Nikkhil Advani’s next revealed

A couple of days ago, buzz had it that superstar Akshay Kumar and filmmaker Nikkhil Advani were set to reunite after their 2011 film Patiala House. Their next film is said to be an action-packed comedy gangster drama set in the 80s.

Apart from playing the male lead in it, Akshay Kumar is also reported to co-produce the film along with Nikkhil Advani and Vashu Bhagnani, while the directorial responsibilities have been entrusted with filmmaker Ranjit Tiwari who made his debut with Lucknow Central (2017).


The latest we hear that the film in question is a remake of an immensely successful Kannada crime comedy thriller Bell Bottom (2019). Spilling more beans, a source in the know informs an entertainment portal, “The Akshay Kumar starrer is an official adaption of a Kannada film, titled Bell Bottom. It released earlier this year and was directed by Jayathirtha with Rishab Shetty and Haripriya playing the lead roles. It was one of the biggest Kannada hits of 2019 and was loved for its entertainment quotient and for bringing the 80s era alive beautifully on screen.”

The source goes on to add that when filmmaker Nikkhil Advani saw the film, he decided to buy its right for a Hindi remake. “Nikkhil Advani saw the film and instantly decided to buy its remake rights as he saw immense potential in the film. He also decided to let Ranjit Tiwari handle it. Though his first film Lucknow Central failed, Nikkhil trusts his capabilities. And then Akshay came on board too. The scripting of the film is underway and is expected to be completed before the end of 2019.”

The source further adds, “Along with Akshay Kumar, Nikkhil Advani and Vashu Bhagnani, even Bhushan Kumar of T-Series is expected to come on board as producers. They are planning to name the remake as Bell Bottom as well but will take a final call in a while since they have few more titles in mind too.”

Meanwhile, Akshay Kumar is looking forward to the release of his next film Good Newwz. Also starring Kareena Kapoor Khan, Kiara Advani and Diljit Dosanjh, the film is produced by Dharma Productions and enters theatres on 27th December, 2019.

More For You

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

Aditya Chopra (right) with his father, Yash Chopra

YRF

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

BOLLYWOOD filmmaker Aditya Chopra was last Thursday (21) named among the nominees of the UK Stage Debut Awards for his Come Fall in LoveThe DDLJ Musical, performed at Manchester’s Opera House earlier this year.

Chopra delivered a blockbuster in 1995 with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, popular as DDLJ, with Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead roles. It was adapted to a theatrical production and had its UK premiere in May.

Keep ReadingShow less
John Alford

The case continues at St Albans Crown Court

PA

Actor John Alford on trial for alleged abuse of minors, says he was targeted for extortion

Highlights:

  • John Alford, 53, is accused of sexually abusing two girls aged 14 and 15 at a Hertfordshire party in 2022.
  • Charges include sexual activity with a child, sexual assault and assault by penetration.
  • Prosecutors allege both girls were drunk when the incidents occurred.
  • Alford, whose real name is John Shannon, denies all allegations.
  • The trial is taking place at St Albans Crown Court.

Former London’s Burning actor John Alford is on trial accused of sexually abusing two teenage girls at a house party in Hertfordshire on 9 April 2022.

The 53-year-old, from Holloway, north London, faces four counts of sexual activity with a 14-year-old and two charges involving a 15-year-old girl, including sexual assault and assault by penetration. He has denied all the charges.

Keep ReadingShow less
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Swift’s choice of So High School—widely believed to be inspired by Kelce—added a personal touch

Instagram/ taylorswift

Taylor Swift announces engagement to Travis Kelce with playful message to fans

Highlights:

  • Taylor Swift announced engagement to American footballer Travis Kelce via Instagram.
  • Kelce proposed in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, surrounded by floral displays.
  • Swift showcased a cushion-cut diamond ring from Artifex Fine Jewellery.
  • Fans and celebrities, including the Prince and Princess of Wales, reacted with excitement.

Taylor Swift confirms engagement with Instagram Post

Taylor Swift has announced her engagement to American football player Travis Kelce, sharing the news on Instagram with a carousel of images and the caption: “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.” The post, accompanied by her ballad So High School, quickly went viral, gaining more than 18 million likes within hours.

The photos show Kelce on one knee, Swift wearing a Ralph Lauren halter-neck dress and a Cartier watch, and the singer flashing her cushion-cut diamond engagement ring. According to reports, the ring was purchased from Artifex Fine Jewellery, with prices beginning at around $29,000 (£21,500).

Keep ReadingShow less
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Getty Images

Lilly Singh joins Netflix’s Bollywood dance film 'Best of the Best'

NETFLIX has expanded its cast for Best of the Best, a coming-of-age film set around competitive Bollywood dancing, with comedian Lilly Singh joining in.

Hasan Minhaj and Prashanth Venkataramanujam have penned the story, about what happens when two childhood friends join the Bollywood dance team at their college. Minhaj will also act.

Keep ReadingShow less
Bruce Willis dementia update Emma Heming

Emma Heming Willis shares emotional insight into Bruce Willis’ battle with frontotemporal dementia

Getty Images

Bruce Willis' dementia began as a 'whisper', admits Emma Heming in heartbreaking update

Highlights:

  • Emma Heming Willis says Bruce Willis’ frontotemporal dementia symptoms first appeared like a “whisper.”
  • The actor remains physically strong but struggles with language and communication.
  • Heming Willis has written a new book, The Unexpected Journey, on caregiving.
  • She is now advocating for more support for families living with dementia.

Emma Heming Willis has shared a moving update on husband Bruce Willis’ health, describing how his frontotemporal dementia (FTD) first appeared as a “whisper” through subtle changes in his behaviour. Speaking in a new ABC News special, Emma & Bruce Willis: The Unexpected Journey, she revealed that while the Die Hard star remains physically healthy, it is his mind that is deteriorating. Heming Willis also discussed her new book on caregiving and her mission to support other families navigating dementia.

Bruce Willis dementia update Emma Heming Emma Heming Willis shares emotional insight into Bruce Willis’ battle with frontotemporal dementia Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less