Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Law firm Axiom Ince on brink of 'collapse'

The law firm's managing director Pragnesh Modhwadia has been suspended on the suspicion of “dishonestyâ€�

Law firm Axiom Ince on brink of 'collapse'

AXIOM INCE is set to collapse into administration following allegations of fraud at the law firm, media reports have said.

It filed an application “to give notice of an intention to appoint an administrator”, the Law Society Gazette said, citing a court notice published on Monday (2).

Axiom’s website has remained down, giving credence to the expectations that it is heading for a closure.

Met Police officers last week opened an investigation into Axiom after a referral from the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) which noticed a £64 million hole in the firm’s client account.

Axiom’s managing director Pragnesh Modhwadia has been suspended on the suspicion of "dishonesty”. The regulator also suspended the firm’s two other partners - Shyam Mistry and Idnan Liaqat - who had allegedly failed to comply with statutory rules on keeping solicitors’ accounts.

But Mistry moved the High Court, challenging his suspension.

"We are aware of a report made by the Solicitors Regulation Authority," Scotland Yard said in a statement last week, adding that detectives from its Specialist Crime Command “have launched an investigation and enquiries are ongoing."

Exodus continued from Axiom and media reports on Monday evening said its last remaining employees were exiting.

Axiom could not be reached for comment.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

UK Farmers

Farmers are bringing in crops early as prolonged drought puts yields and water supplies under pressure

iStock

Britain puts £65m behind farmers as drought starts threatening the country’s food supply

  • Farmers in England will receive an additional £65m in support.
  • £15m will help fund on-farm reservoirs for future dry periods.
  • Britain is facing its third drought in five years.

Britain is putting £65 million into emergency support for farmers as the country's prolonged drought begins to threaten not just agricultural incomes but the reliability of its food supply.

Prime Minister Andy Burnham announced the package on August 15, after England and Wales recorded their driest July on record. The support will go towards sustainable farming, new on-farm reservoirs and making it easier for farmers to access water during periods of shortage.

Keep ReadingShow less