Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Second schedule of Ranveer Singh starrer ’83 to start on THIS date

A few days ago, Kabir Khan and his team of ’83 wrapped up the first schedule of the film in London. And now, they are all set for the second and the final schedule that will take place in Mumbai. According to a report in a tabloid, the second schedule will start on Tuesday, 10th September 2019.

It will be a three-week schedule and will be wrapped up in the first week of October. Talking about it, Kabir Khan said, “We will be shooting off and on with the entire team. During this schedule, we will be filming some of the interiors that no longer exist in London and have built sets for the same.”


“The cricketing portions were completed in London. This will be the final schedule with the actors after which we will only be shooting what was happening around the country during World Cup,” he added.

The movie stars Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles and while talking about the two starring in the film, Kabir Khan said, “They are both super actors and marriage doesn’t make any difference to the way they act. It has just given them another level of comfort. Deepika was around our sets for more than just the days when she was shooting, not only because she’s one of our producers but as there is this sense of comfort.”

Ranveer will be playing the role of Kapil Dev and while talking about the actor’s look, the filmmaker said, “We worked on the look for over a month and decided to keep it minimalistic. One can’t be wearing heavy prosthetics while playing cricket, and for us, it was important that Ranveer plays cricket while in the look.”

’83 is based on India’s victory at the 1983 World Cup and it will hit the screens on 10th April 2020.

More For You

Asda sales plunge, chair blames government of low confidence

The supermarket struggled with technology issues during a lengthy effort to separate IT systems from former owner Walmart.

iStock

Asda reports sharp sales fall, chair blames government for 'killing consumer confidence'

Highlights

  • Asda sales fall 3.8 per cent to £5.1 bn in three months to September, with comparable store sales down 2.8 per cent.
  • Chair Allan Leighton blames IT system problems from separating technology from former owner Walmart.
  • Leighton criticises government for hampering business investment and depressing consumer sentiment.
Asda has reported a sharp sales decline while criticising the government for "killing confidence" among consumers, though its chair admitted "self-inflicted" technology problems had set back turnaround plans by six months.

Total sales at Britain's third-largest supermarket fell 3.8 per cent to £5.1 bn in the three months ending September compared with the same period last year, reversing 0.2 per cent growth from the previous quarter. Comparable store sales dropped 2.8 per cent.

Chair Allan Leighton, who returned last year to revive the business for a second time, told the guardian that the fall in sales and market share was "totally self-inflicted." The supermarket struggled with technology issues during a lengthy effort to separate IT systems from former owner Walmart.

Keep ReadingShow less