Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Read to know why James Cameron came up with 'Avatar 2' screenplay after 13 years

Recently, Cameron unveiled several scenes from Avatar: The Way of Water on September 10 at the D23 Expo.

Read to know why James Cameron came up with 'Avatar 2' screenplay after 13 years

Director James Cameron revealed that it took at least 13 years to come up with the screenplay for 'Avatar 2'.

According to Variety, Cameron shared that before "Avatar: The Way of Water" there was a full 'Avatar 2' screenplay that was written and then thrown into the trash. It turns out that at least an entire year of the 13-year gap between 2009's "Avatar" and 2022's "The Way of Water" was spent on a screenplay that will never see the light of day. The director said, "When I sat down with my writers to start 'Avatar 2,' I said we cannot do the next one until we understand why the first one did so well." "We must crack the code of what the hell happened."


Cameron and his team came with the solution. He shared, "All films work on different levels. The first is surface, which is character, problem and resolution. The second is thematic. What is the movie trying to say? But 'Avatar' also works on a third level, the subconscious. I wrote an entire script for the sequel, read it and realized that it did not get to level three. Boom. Start over. That took a year."

During an appearance on "The Marianne Williamson Podcast" last year, Cameron elaborated more on this third level that he believes allowed "Avatar" to become the highest-grossing movie of all time at the worldwide box office.

Last year, during a 'The Marianne Williamson Podcast' show, Cameron revealed that more on this third level that he believes allowed "Avatar" to become the highest-grossing movie of all time at the worldwide box office, as per Variety.

He said, "There was a tertiary level as well...it was a dreamlike sense of a yearning to be there, to be in that space, to be in a place that is safe and where you wanted to be." "Whether that was flying, that sense of freedom and exhilaration, or whether it's being in the forest where you can smell the earth. It was a sensory thing that communicated on such a deep level. That was the spirituality of the first film."

He also fired his "Avatar" sequel writers as they were trying to create new stories as opposed to figuring out what made the first movie a record-breaker.

Cameron added, "When I sat down to write the sequels, I knew there were going to be three at the time and eventually it turned into four, I put together a group of writers and said, 'I don't want to hear anybody's new ideas or anyone's pitches until we have spent some time figuring out what worked on the first film, what connected, and why it worked." "They kept wanting to talk about the new stories. I said, 'We aren't doing that yet.' Eventually, I had to threaten to fire them all because they were doing what writers do, which is to try and create new stories. I said, 'We need to understand what the connection was and protect it, protect that ember and that flame.'"

Recently, James Cameron unveiled several scenes from 'Avatar: The Way of Water' from the second installment of his epic sci-fi franchise, on September 10 at D23 Expo.

The film once again centres on Worthington's Sully and Saldana's Nav'i character Neytiri.

A sequel to Award-winning 2009 epic adventure 'Avatar,' which was released in theatres 13 years ago, the script comes from Cameron and Josh Friedman.

'Avatar: The Way of Water' stars Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, and Kate Winslet.

The second part of the film will hit theatres globally on December 16, 2022. (ANI)

More For You

Kim Kardashian North West TikTok controversy

Kim Kardashian and North West leaving Pierluigi restaurant in Rome amid backlash over the 12-year-old’s outfit

Kim Kardashian slammed as North West’s corset outfit with explicit TikTok song sparks major parenting row

Highlights:

  • North West’s punk-inspired look in Rome has divided fans online
  • Photos show the 12-year-old wearing a corset, wig and platform boots
  • Kim Kardashian criticised for allowing her daughter to appear “too grown”
  • Kanye West has previously objected to North’s social media presence

Kim Kardashian is under scrutiny once again, this time over her daughter North West’s fashion choices. The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star was photographed with her 12-year-old in Rome, where North’s colourful punk outfit and corset drew criticism from fans. The incident has reignited conversations about parenting, celebrity culture, and the exposure of children to adult fashion trends on platforms like TikTok.

Kim Kardashian North West TikTok controversy North West’s blue wig and corset look has divided opinion among Kardashian fans onlineX/Africanize

Keep ReadingShow less
JJ Perry Yash Toxic action

JJ Perry praises the precision of the Indian stunt team while filming Toxic

JJ Perry brings ‘John Wick’ action mastery to Yash film 'Toxic' with all-Indian stunt crew

Highlights:

  • JJ Perry leads a 45-day action shoot for Yash’s Toxic in Mumbai.
  • The Hollywood stunt director is known for John Wick and Fast & Furious.
  • Perry chose to work with an exclusively Indian stunt crew for the first time.
  • Toxic is being filmed in Kannada and English with multiple dubbed versions.

Hollywood action director JJ Perry, best known for designing the bone-crunching set pieces in John Wick and Fast & Furious, is currently spearheading an ambitious 45-day schedule for Yash’s upcoming film Toxic: A Fairytale for Grown-ups. The production, directed by Geetu Mohandas, is being hailed as one of Indian cinema’s most daring ventures, with Perry highlighting both the action sequences and the all-Indian stunt team as game-changers.

JJ Perry Yash Toxic action JJ Perry praises the precision of the Indian stunt team while filming Toxic Instagram/toxic_themovie/kvn.productions

Keep ReadingShow less
Parineeti Chopra pregnancy

Raghav Chadha’s on air promise comes true as Parineeti Chopra confirms pregnancy with heartfelt post

Getty Images

Parineeti Chopra confirms pregnancy months after Raghav Chadha teased Kapil Sharma with cryptic family remark

Highlights:

  • Parineeti Chopra and Raghav Chadha confirm they are expecting their first child.
  • The couple shared a joint Instagram post with a sweet video and cake image.
  • Bollywood and political circles sent warm wishes following the announcement.
  • Their pregnancy news comes less than a year after their Udaipur wedding.

Actor Parineeti Chopra and her husband, politician Raghav Chadha, have officially announced their first pregnancy with a heartfelt post on Instagram. The couple, who tied the knot in September 2023, shared a video and a symbolic cake image to mark the moment, delighting fans across Bollywood and political circles. The announcement follows recent hints dropped on The Great Indian Kapil Show, where they playfully teased “good news soon.”

Parineeti Chopra pregnancy Raghav Chadha’s on air promise comes true as Parineeti Chopra confirms pregnancy with heartfelt post Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less
Zoë Kravitz and Harry Styles

Zoë Kravitz and Harry Styles fuel dating rumours in Rome

Getty Images

Zoë Kravitz and Harry Styles fuel dating rumours in Rome as fans question Taylor Swift friendship link

Highlights:

  • Zoë Kravitz and Harry Styles were seen walking arm in arm through Rome on 24 August
  • The sighting comes while Kravitz promotes her new film Caught Stealing with Austin Butler
  • Both stars have had recent high-profile breakups, adding fuel to dating speculation
  • Neither Kravitz nor Styles has commented on their relationship status

Zoë Kravitz and Harry Styles have set off fresh dating speculation after being spotted walking arm in arm in Rome. The sighting of the actress and the pop star has drawn attention not just for their closeness, but also for the timing. Kravitz is currently in Europe promoting her new film Caught Stealing, while Styles has been keeping a relatively low profile since the end of his relationship with actress Taylor Russell.

Zo\u00eb Kravitz and Harry Styles Zoë Kravitz and Harry Styles fuel dating rumours in Rome Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less
Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt’s Krishna Raj house in Bandra is valued at an estimated £24m

Getty Images

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt’s £24m home may dethrone Shah Rukh Khan’s Mannat as Mumbai’s priciest address

Highlights:

  • Six-storey Krishna Raj bungalow in Bandra worth £24m (₹250 crore) almost complete
  • Home named after Ranbir’s late grandmother Krishna Kapoor, wife of Raj Kapoor
  • Family has personally overseen design with greenery, chandeliers and heritage touch
  • Couple expected to move in with daughter Raha around Diwali this year

Actors Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt’s much-talked-about Krishna Raj bungalow in Bandra is finally nearing completion. The £24 million (₹250 crore) property, which has been under construction for years, is not just a new address but a mix of Bollywood heritage and modern design. The Ranbir Kapoor Alia Bhatt house is also set to become a special legacy home for their daughter Raha, carrying forward the Kapoor family tradition.

Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt The Krishna Raj bungalow named after Ranbir’s grandmother Krishna Kapoor carries decades of Bollywood legacy Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less