Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Ranveer Singh starrer 83 is not releasing on an OTT platform

Kabir Khan’s 83 starring Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles was supposed to hit the screens on 10th April 2020. But due to the lockdown, the release date has been postponed and the new release date is yet to be announced.

Recently, there were reports that an OTT platform has offered the makers of the film a whopping amount of Rs. 143 crore to release the film directly on their platform. However, while talking to PTI, Reliance Entertainment Group CEO, Shibashish Sarkar, denied the reports of the film getting a digital release.


He said, "There is no truth in this. As producers and even the director, we all are on the same page that we want to wait for theatrical release for the next few months. We will first complete the film then we will wait. If six or nine months down the line the situation becomes much worse, we will take a call at that time. There is no hurry. Everybody has shown interest in this project but we are not engaging in any discussion for a straight to digital release currently. We will wait for the next four to six months before taking any further call."

He also added that still the post-production and VFX work of 83 is pending. Sarkar further added, “Same is the case with Sooryavanshi and our other films. We have decided to complete our films first. If there is a demand for the product now there will be demand for it even after three months. We are waiting for the lockdown to open and to complete the film and before that, we are not engaging in any discussion of any kind.”

83 is based on India’s first victory at the World Cup in 1983. The movie also stars Tahir Raj Bhasin, Saqib Saleem, Harrdy Sandhu, Ammy Virk, Jiiva, Pankaj Tripathi, Boman Irani, Nishant Dahiya, and Sahil Khattar. It is clearly one of the most awaited films of the year.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

Shah Rukh Khan and two Bollywood stars told to stop Vimal ads amid $5 billion pan masala controversy

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have been caught up in Maharashtra’s latest crackdown

Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan and two Bollywood stars told to stop Vimal ads amid $5 billion pan masala controversy

Highlights

  • Maharashtra’s Food and Drug Administration has issued show-cause notices to Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff over Vimal Elaichi advertisements
  • The regulator says the campaigns may indirectly promote a pan masala product associated with the Vimal brand
  • The actors have been asked to remove the advertisements from social media and explain their endorsements within 15 days
  • India’s pan masala market was estimated at around £3.7 billion last year, based on the reported $5 billion valuation and the August 17, 2026 exchange rate of about $1.356 per £1

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have been caught up in Maharashtra’s latest crackdown on surrogate advertising, after the state’s food safety regulator questioned their involvement in Vimal Elaichi campaigns.

The Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has asked the three actors to explain why action should not be taken against them, arguing that the advertisements for cardamom may help maintain consumer recognition of Vimal’s pan masala products.

Keep ReadingShow less