Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian flights to September 24

Airspace restrictions imposed after the 2025 Pahalgam attack have been extended again

pakistan-india-conflict

FILE PHOTO: Passengers wait at Jinnah International Airport after all domestic and international flights were cancelled in Karachi on May 7, 2025.

(Photo by ASIF HASSAN/AFP via Getty Images)

Pakistan has extended its ban on Indian aircraft using its airspace until September 24, according to the Pakistan Airports Authority.

The two countries imposed matching airspace restrictions on each other’s airlines after the Pahalgam terrorist attack in April 2025, which killed 26 people.


“Pakistan airspace [is] not available for Indian-registered aircraft and aircraft operated or leased by Indian airlines/operators, including military flights,” said a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) issued by the Pakistan Airports Authority.

The latest extension comes ahead of the previous restriction expiring on August 23.

According to the NOTAM, the extension will take effect at 10.15am on August 23 and remain in force until 4.59 am on September 24.

The restriction applies to both the Karachi and Lahore flight information regions (FIRs), which cover Pakistan’s airspace.

The ban has been extended each month since it was first imposed, increasing costs for airlines and adding to journey times for passengers.

India has also maintained a reciprocal ban on Pakistani-registered aircraft, airlines and military flights following the Pahalgam attack.

Both countries closed their airspace to each other’s airlines after the attack in April 2025.

(PTI)

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

royal-mail-takeover

Royal Mail says its delivery performance is improving despite continued pressure to meet Ofcom targets

Getty Images

Royal Mail says deliveries are improving, so why is it still missing its targets?

  • First-class next-day deliveries rose to 85 per cent, but remain below Ofcom's 90 per cent target.
  • Second-class deliveries reached 91.4 per cent within three working days, against a 95 per cent target.
  • Royal Mail is investing £500 million over five years to improve its service.

Royal Mail is delivering more letters on time than it was a year ago, but it still cannot meet the standards set by the postal regulator.

The company delivered 85 per cent of first-class mail the next working day between April and June, up from 76 per cent during the same period last year. But that remains below Ofcom's 90 per cent target.

Keep ReadingShow less