Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

No theatrical release for Akshay Kumar starrer Bell Bottom?

No theatrical release for Akshay Kumar starrer Bell Bottom?

By Murtuza Iqbal

The shooting of Akshay Kumar starrer Bell Bottom started in August 2020, and in one month the shooting of the film was wrapped up. The makers had announced that the movie will release on 2nd April 2021.


But now, according to a report in Bollywood Hungama, Bell Bottom might get a direct-to-digital release on Amazon Prime Video.

A source told the entertainment portal, “The producers of Bell Bottom – Jackky Bhagnani and Vashu Bhagnani – have started conversations with Amazon Prime to explore the possibility of a direct to digital release, and so far, both the parties seem to be on the same page. They are discussing various prospects including the financials, and there might be some clarity within the next one month. But at this point of time, team Bell Bottom is definitely exploring the direct to digital option of release.”

“A release on April 2 seems unlikely now, as another Akshay Kumar film (Sooryavanshi) is looking to arrive in the same period. Given the costs and several other factors associated with the film as also Akshay’s jam-packed release calendar, the makers thought of exploring the digital release with Amazon Prime. The Bhagnani’s share a close bond with the digital platform and so does Akshay, and that’s how the meeting happened. All stakeholders are currently working towards arriving at terms and conditions that are beneficial to all of them,” the source added.

Directed by Ranjit M Tewari, the movie also stars Vaani Kapoor, Lara Dutta, and Huma Qureshi.

Meanwhile, there have been reports that Akshay Kumar starrer Sooryavanshi might release on Holi this year. However, there’s no official announcement about it.

More For You

Ken Tranter

Ken Tranter was elected Hampshire county councillor for Aldershot South on May 7.

Reform UK

Reform councillor apologises after ‘non white persons’ post sparks backlash

A NEWLY elected Reform councillor in Hampshire has apologised after a Facebook post about “non white persons taking over” a public park sparked criticism and accusations of racism.

Ken Tranter, who was elected Hampshire county councillor for Aldershot South on May 7, wrote that he had spoken to police about “non white persons taking over the Municipal Gardens and the strong pervading smell of canabis [sic]”.

Tranter, an army veteran who served 29 years in the regular and Territorial Army and later became mayor of Dover between 2005 and 2006, said he had promised residents he would raise concerns about the park if elected, reported The Times.

Keep ReadingShow less