Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Juhi Chawla files a lawsuit against the implementation of 5G technology in India

Juhi Chawla files a lawsuit against the implementation of 5G technology in India

By Murtuza Iqbal

Juhi Chawla is one of the biggest names in the industry, and apart from being an actress, she is also an environmentalist. Chawla has raised her voice against the implementation of 5G technology in India.


On Monday, Juhi approached the Delhi High Court against the setting up of 5G wireless networks in the country.

According to PTI, Chawla has said that if the telecommunications industry’s plans for 5G come to fruition, no person, no animal, no bird, no insect and no plant on Earth will be able to avoid exposure, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to levels of RF radiation that are 10x to 100x times greater than what exists today.

An official statement shared by Juhi Chawla's spokesperson reads, “The present suit is being instituted in order to seek a direction from this Hon'ble court to the arrayed Defendants, to certify to us and, therefore, to the public at large, that 5G technology is safe to humankind, man, woman, adult, child, infant, animals and every type of organisms, to flora, to fauna, and in support thereof, to produce their respective studies regarding RF radiation through mobile cell towers, and if not already conducted, to also conduct an efficient research, and without participation of private interest, and to subsequently furnish the report and declare whether or not the implementation of 5G in India would be safe, keeping un regards the health and safety of the present and future citizenry on India, including little children and infants, as well as infants of generations to come."

Justice C Hari Shankar, before whom the matter came up for hearing, transferred the suit to another bench for hearing on 2nd June.

More For You

Netflix buyback

The company ended Q1 with $12.3 billion in cash, partly because buybacks were paused during the Warner Bros process

Getty Images

Netflix approves $25 billion buyback after scrapping Warner Bros bid

Highlights

  • Netflix board approved a $25bn share repurchase on 22 April, with no expiry date.
  • The move follows Netflix abandoning its $83bn bid for Warner Bros' streaming and studio assets.
  • Netflix stock has fallen more than 10 per cent since weak Q2 guidance, closing at $93.24 on 22 April.
Netflix has approved a $25 billion share buyback programme, using capital it had kept aside for its failed bid to buy Warner Bros.
The board gave the green light on 22 April, with the decision disclosed in an SEC filing the next day.
There is no expiry date on the programme. It comes on top of an existing December 2024 buyback that still had $6.8 billion left as of 31 March.

Earlier this year, Netflix pulled out of an $83 billion deal to acquire Warner Bros' streaming and studio assets after Paramount Skydance made a rival bid for Warner Bros. Discovery. Paramount then paid Netflix a $2.8 billion exit fee.

Co-CEOs Ted Sarandos and Greg Peters had already said the company would restart share buybacks once the deal was off.

Netflix shares have had a rough ride. They hit an all-time high of $134.12 in June 2025, then fell more than 40 per cent when the Warner Bros deal was announced.

Keep ReadingShow less