Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Former Pakistan president Zardari admitted to hospital

Former Pakistan president Zardari admitted to hospital

PAKISTAN'S former president and PPP co-chairperson Asif Ali Zardari was admitted to a private hospital in Karachi on Friday (2) after he felt unwell, a senior party leader said.

Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leader Munawar Anjum said Zardari, who arrived in Karachi from Islamabad, was rushed to the hospital on the advice of his doctors.


“Doctors have taken his blood tests and started treatment," he said.

Zardari, 65, fell ill due to the “exertion and exhaustion” from travelling for court appearances and the budget session of the National Assembly, The Express Tribune newspaper reported, citing sources.

PPP co-chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and his sisters Bhaktawar and Aseefa reached Karachi to look after their father, Anjum said.

Zardari has been attending parliament sessions in Islamabad since Monday (28).

In October last year, the former president was admitted to a private hospital due to low sugar levels.

Zardari, who is facing multiple corruption cases, was released from jail in December 2019 after the Islamabad High Court approved his bail on medical grounds.

An accountability court in Islamabad last year indicted Zardari, his sister Faryal Talpur and others in a mega-money laundering case.

Zardari is the husband of Pakistan's first woman prime minister Benazir Bhutto.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

Claire Coutinho finds joy after traumatic first childbirth
Claire Coutinho
London Portrait Photoqrapher-DAV

Claire Coutinho finds joy after traumatic first childbirth

Highlights

  • She nearly died after the birth of her first child, suffering multiple organ failure.
  • Coutinho became the first pregnant Conservative leader or stand-in to lead Prime Minister’s Questions.
  • Before maternity leave, she is launching a Conservative-backed report challenging the government’s net zero plans.

Shadow energy secretary Claire Coutinho has said she is looking forward to welcoming her second child after surviving a life-threatening childbirth that nearly claimed both her life and her first son’s, according to The Times.

Keep ReadingShow less