- Initially, Madhuri Dixit had no interest in becoming an actress. She received a degree in Microbiology and wanted to become a microbiologist or a pathologist. But as luck turned out she became one of the most successful actresses of her time. Her first film was Abodh (1984), but she came into the limelight with Tezaab (1988).
2. Madhuri Dixit is the only female actor to be nominated for Filmfare awards 14 times. Out of this, she has received the iconic Black Lady trophy four times in the Best Actress category and twice in other categories. She is also the recipient of the Padma Shri award (2008), India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
3. Madhuri Dixit is an accomplished Kathak dancer and she has got formal training in the dance form for eight years. Ans she is the only female actor of her times to have been choreographed by Kathak exponent Pandit Birju Maharaj. He even went on to say that she is the best dancer in Bollywood.
4. Madhuri has a great fan following and one of her beloved fans from Jamshedpur has even launched a calendar where the year begins with Madhuri’s birthday. He has even appealed to the government to declare Madhuri’s birthday as a public holiday.
5. In June 2014, Dixit was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador Advocate for the child and equal woman’s rights. Madhuri is also a Goodwill Ambassador and a patron for Emeralds for Elephants – a charity project for the conservation of Asian Elephants and other endangered species.