1. Genelia was born to a Mangalorean Catholic family in Mumbai to a Konkani speaking family. Her mother is a former Managing Director of a pharmaceutical company while her father is a senior officer at TCS. Her younger brother works at Bombay Stock Exchange.
2. When she was just 15 years old she shot her first commercial with Amitabh Bachchan for the brand Parker Pen. She initially declined the commercial because her examinations were round the corner. However, the director convinced her and the shooting was completed just 2 days before her exams.
3. Genelia was once spotted as a bridesmaid at a wedding when she was 15 years old. Someone was so impressed by her looks and appearance that she was signed for her first modelling assignment.
4. In 2003, Genelia started her Bollywood career with the film Tujhe Meri Kasam with co-star Ritesh Deshmukh. While doing the film they both fell in love and dated almost for a decade before tying the knot. Now both are blessed with 2 baby boys.
5. In her personal life, Genelia is extremely religious and attends the Sunday Mass at a church located in Bandra without fail. She further says that she converses with God all the times and keeps a Novena every Wednesday at a local church in Mahim.