Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Second England player investigated for historical 'offensive' social media posts

A second England cricketer is being investigated for historical "offensive" social media posts, Wisden.com reported on Monday (7).

Wisden said it had uncovered a racist tweet but chose not to disclose the identity of the player because he was under 16 when it was posted.


"It has been brought to our attention that an England player has posted historic offensive material on their social media account," a spokesperson for the England and Wales Cricket Board said.

"We are looking into it and will make a further comment in due course."

It comes after England fast bowler Ollie Robinson was suspended from all international cricket pending the outcome of an investigation into offensive material he posted on social media as a teenager in 2012 and 2013.

Robinson apologised "unreservedly" for tweets that came to light last week when he made his Test debut against New Zealand at Lord's.

He has been ruled out of selection for the second Test against New Zealand starting at Edgbaston on Thursday (10).

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

Nik Kotecha: Why supporting grassroots charities can transform communities

Young women learn sewing skills through a project supported by the Randal Foundation

Randal Foundation

Nik Kotecha: Why supporting grassroots charities can transform communities

IF 2026 has taught us anything so far, it is that resilience in the third sector is no longer optional.

Charities are navigating one of the most demanding landscapes we have seen in years. Global needs are growing and we are feeling increasing pressure on our limited resources.

Keep ReadingShow less