Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Manushi Chhillar rings in her 23rd birthday amid lockdown

Manushi Chhillar, who became a global phenomenon after winning the coveted Miss World crown in 2017, is celebrating her 23rd birthday today on 14th May. She rang in her birthday quietly as celebration is the last thing on her mind amid lockdown.

Chhillar is gearing up for her silver screen debut with Yash Raj Films’ much-talked-about historical drama Prithviraj. She has been paired opposite superstar Akshay Kumar in the Chandraprakash Dwivedi directorial.


Talking about her rise to prominence in such a short period of time, Chhillar says, “I have had a blessed life and I thank the universe for everything. I have nothing but gratitude for the exposures that I have had so far and I am proud that I have been able to express myself completely along the way. My journey has just begun and I am extremely excited to see how my life and career shapes up.”

She goes on to add that it is a reflective birthday for her. “It is a reflective birthday for me. All that I thought I knew about the world has changed and I have had time to think about this a lot and discuss it with my family and friends. So, it is a very quiet birthday for me as celebrations is the last thing on my mind right now given the pain, loss and suffering I have been witnessing,” she says.

Sharing her thoughts on the poor state of the entertainment industry due to the Coronavirus pandemic and subsequent lockdown, Manushi says, “I think all the thinkers and visionaries of Bollywood will huddle in making plans to script the industry’s comeback as and when it is feasible. We live in an intimate country, a country that likes to celebrate with everyone so we will all go back to watching movies in theatres in due course of time.”

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

The 2024 Malayalam romantic comedy has been removed from JioHotstar

X/ CineStationINC

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

Highlights

  • Premalu has disappeared from JioHotstar just as the trailer for its Hindi remake Prem Keetanu was released.
  • Fans have questioned why the Malayalam hit was removed ahead of the remake’s October theatrical release.
  • The remake’s trailer has already faced criticism from viewers who compared it unfavourably with the original.

There is something particularly awkward about launching a remake while the film it is based on has suddenly become harder to watch.

That is exactly what has happened with Prem Keetanu, the Hindi remake of Malayalam blockbuster Premalu. The trailer for the Veer Pahariya-starrer dropped on Monday, but instead of simply debating whether the remake can live up to the original, fans found themselves asking another question: where did Premalu go?

Keep ReadingShow less