Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Karan Johar bids goodbye to Twitter, says, 'Making space for more positive energies'

Soon after the director announced the news, fans seemed concerned.

Karan Johar bids goodbye to Twitter, says, 'Making space for more positive energies'

Bollywood ace director and producer Karan Johar, on Monday, said he is quitting the micro-blogging site Twitter, in order to "make space for more positive energies."

Taking to Twitter, the 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' director wrote, "Making space for more positive energies only and this is step one towards that. Goodbye Twitter!." The 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' actor frequently gets trolled for his statements on his chat show 'Koffee with Karan'.


Soon after the director announced the news, fans seemed concerned.

"Negativity everywhere. Don't leave Twitter," a fan commented.

Another fan wrote, "You are a gem Karan please don't leave."

"Don't do that. What about true fans? You can block any1 u want on Twitter," another fan wrote.

Previously, actors like Sonakshi Sinha, Aayush Sharma, Zaheer Iqbal, Saqib Saleem, and director Shashank Khaitan had bid adieu due to Twitter due to 'toxicity' in the environment.

Sonakshi shared a post in which she wrote, "The first step to protecting your sanity is to stay away from negativity. And nowhere more of that than Twitter these days!"

Post the demise of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, director Karan faced a lot of backlash on social media due to nepotism in Bollywood.

The 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' actor frequently gets trolled for his statements on his chat show 'Koffee with Karan'.

In the recent season, Karan faced social media trolling for discussing Vijay Deverakonda's sex life.

Meanwhile, on the work front, Karan will be soon making his directorial comeback with an upcoming romantic comedy film 'Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani' which stars Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt, Dharmendra, Jaya Bachchan, and Shabana Azmi in the lead roles.

(ANI)

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

Will Smith linked to a £65 million Indian film in its wildest casting move yet

For Smith, appearing in Bollywood would represent more than another international role

Getty Images

Will Smith linked to a £65 million Indian film in its wildest casting move yet

Highlights

  • Will Smith is reportedly in talks to make his Indian film debut in Atlee’s Raaka.
  • The Hollywood star could play the primary antagonist opposite Allu Arjun, according to reports.
  • The reported £65 million sci-fi film also stars Deepika Padukone, but Smith’s involvement has not been officially confirmed.

Will Smith could be heading into unfamiliar territory. The Hollywood star is reportedly being considered for a major role in Atlee’s upcoming sci-fi film Raaka, potentially putting him opposite Allu Arjun in what could become one of the most unexpected international casting combinations in Indian cinema.

According to reports, Smith is not being lined up for a brief cameo. Instead, discussions have centred on him playing one of the film’s main villains. If confirmed, the role would mark Smith’s Indian film debut and give an already ambitious project an even bigger international profile.

Keep ReadingShow less