Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Atlee hints at new film that will star Shah Rukh Khan and Vijay

Shah Rukh Khan will next be seen in Dunki, directed by Rajkumar Hirani.

Atlee hints at new film that will star Shah Rukh Khan and Vijay

Before Jawan hit theatres and turned out to be an instant blockbuster at the worldwide box office, buzz had it that Tamil superstar Thalapathy Vijay would have a cameo appearance in the action thriller film. However, the rumour of Vijay having a cameo turned out to be false, disappointing several fans.

However, filmmaker Atlee has now spoken about a possible collaboration between the two superstars in a new film. Getting candid about a possible collaboration between the two, the filmmaker said during a recent interview, “Vijay sir and Shah Rukh sir, both said the same thing that ‘bring a script and we will work together’. I also thought that they were saying all this for my birthday as a gift. The next day, Vijay sir messaged me saying that if you are going to write such a script, I would definitely be a part definitely. Shah Rukh sir, who was right next to me said 'Sir, you are serious about this na? We will make a film together, right?'" he said.


He continued, “So, yes, every now and then they inquire about it and ask me whether I am seriously working on it or not, or if I am taking it as a joke. So, I am definitely, seriously working on it and I am hoping for it to crack someday.”

Also starring Nayanthara, Deepika Padukone, Sanya Malhotra, and Sunil Grover, Jawan marks the first collaboration between Shah Rukh and Atlee. The filmmaker has, however, worked with Vijay in three successful films before – Theri (2016), Mersal (2017), and Bigil (2019).

Shah Rukh Khan will next be seen in Dunki, directed by Rajkumar Hirani.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less