Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Ahmed Khan in talks to helm Welcome 3

Welcome’s name is included in one of the most successful Hindi film franchises that have raked in loads of money at the box-office. The first part of the series was released in 2007 and emerged as an instant hit at the cash counter. It was followed by a sequel Welcome Back in 2015, which also did pretty well at the ticket window.

To cash in on the huge popularity of the franchise among the audience, the producers have, reportedly, decided to roll out the third instalment of Welcome.  Yes, if sources are to be believed, Welcome 3 is in the works at producer Firoz A Nadiadwala’s office.


While there is no information about the star cast of the film, we hear director Anees Bazmee, who helmed the first two instalments of the series, has been dropped as the director of Welcome 3. Getting into his shoes will be choreographer-turned-filmmaker Ahmed Khan who most recently helmed the Tiger Shroff starrer blockbuster, Baaghi 2 (2018).

“Ahmed is a brilliant choreographer who has been associated with both the Nadiadwalas (Sajid Nadiadwala and Firoz A Nadiadwala) before. As a director, his big-ticket film was Baaghi 2 and he had given two flops before —Lakeer (2007) and Fool N Final (2007) and Sajid’s belief in Ahmed for Baaghi 2 has translated into his success. Now the other Nadiadwala has also reinforced his trust in Ahmed for this film,” reveals a trade source.

Well, we are waiting for an official announcement.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

Shah Rukh Khan and two Bollywood stars told to stop Vimal ads amid $5 billion pan masala controversy

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have been caught up in Maharashtra’s latest crackdown

Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan and two Bollywood stars told to stop Vimal ads amid $5 billion pan masala controversy

Highlights

  • Maharashtra’s Food and Drug Administration has issued show-cause notices to Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff over Vimal Elaichi advertisements
  • The regulator says the campaigns may indirectly promote a pan masala product associated with the Vimal brand
  • The actors have been asked to remove the advertisements from social media and explain their endorsements within 15 days
  • India’s pan masala market was estimated at around £3.7 billion last year, based on the reported $5 billion valuation and the August 17, 2026 exchange rate of about $1.356 per £1

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have been caught up in Maharashtra’s latest crackdown on surrogate advertising, after the state’s food safety regulator questioned their involvement in Vimal Elaichi campaigns.

The Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has asked the three actors to explain why action should not be taken against them, arguing that the advertisements for cardamom may help maintain consumer recognition of Vimal’s pan masala products.

Keep ReadingShow less