Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

RAW to start rolling from June 1 with John Abraham as the male lead

Actor John Abraham, who was last seen in the spy-thriller film Force 2, has been roped in to play the male lead in the forthcoming suspense thriller, Romeo Akbar Walter (RAW). When the project was announced last year, Sushant Singh Rajput was onboard to topline it. However, he decided against the movie for reasons best known to him.

Revealing what led the makers to cast Abraham in the principal role, director Ajay Kapoor says, “We are excited to have John on board this film with us. The process began when we were brainstorming on whom to cast for the protagonist’s part and thought that John would fit the bill perfectly. He really liked the script and gave his nod on the same day as the narration. We have revisited the script of this espionage-drama which is set in the 1970s and we can’t wait to take it on the floors”.


When the director was asked about the reason which led Sushant Singh Rajput quit the plum project, he says, “Nothing went wrong except that the dates Sushant had given us were clashing with another film so we decided to part ways amicably. Obviously one feels bad as we had finished most of the prep and were ready to roll. But everything is sorted now, Sushant is like a brother”.

Romeo Akbar Walter is scheduled to start its first schedule from 1st June. The project is being bankrolled by Dheeraj Wadhwan, Vanessa Walia and Gary Grewal.

Meanwhile, John Abraham is awaiting the release of his next film, Parmanu: The Story Of Pokhran. Besides him, the movie also stars talented actors Diana Penty and Boman Irani in pivotal roles.

More For You

Amitabh Bachchan

Amitabh Bachchan narrates powerful 26/11 tribute at Global Peace Honours

Getty Images

Amitabh Bachchan gives chilling narration in 26/11 tribute film as Bollywood remembers martyrs

Highlights:

  • Amitabh gives voice to new 26/11 short film
  • Film premiered at Global Peace Honours, shared by Amruta Fadnavis
  • Akshay Kumar, Isha Koppikar, Zoya Akhtar join tributes
  • 17 years after Mumbai attacks, industry pays respects
  • Animation shows city’s resilience and bravery

Seventeen years on, Mumbai has not forgotten 26/11. Amitabh Bachchan lent his voice to a short tribute film for the victims and heroes of the attacks. Amruta Fadnavis shared it during commemorations at the Gateway of India, while Bollywood stars joined to mark the anniversary.

Amitabh Bachchan Amitabh Bachchan narrates powerful 26/11 tribute at Global Peace Honours Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less