Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

KriArj Entertainment to no more produce Sushant and Sara starrer Kedarnath

Abhishek Kapoor is currently busy with the shoot of the forthcoming Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan starrer Kedarnath. Recently, as per the reports in a leading Indian daily, KriArj Entertainment which is headed by Prernaa Arora and Arjun N Kapoor, have backed out of the production of Kedarnath.

As per the source close to Abhishek, lack of transparency and faulty payments are the reasons for Abhishek's Guy In The Sky Pictures to no more be associated with KriArj Entertainment. Reports also suggest that Prernaa is discontented with the fact that Kedarnath is releasing on the same date with Shah Rukh Khan’s Zero. Both the films are slated to release on December 21, 2018.


Kedarnath chronicles about the 2013 Uttarakhand floods. Talking about the film, Abhishek had earlier said to a leading Indian daily, "In my house, spirituality has been a guiding principle. I am a big believer of Shivji and the cosmic forces that oversee us. There are two kinds of people in the spiritual world — believers and seekers. A believer has trust in the universe and a seeker is someone who is trying to gain that trust. I’ve been both, and I have had some great experiences spiritually. I’m originally a seeker, but at times, I’ve found myself fully immersed in God."

Adding further, he said, "The incident didn’t leave my mind, due to the stories that came out of it — devastating and remarkable in equal measure. I had to go ahead and develop a film set against that backdrop. I believe it is one of the most important stories that I can tell for modern India."

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

The 2024 Malayalam romantic comedy has been removed from JioHotstar

X/ CineStationINC

‘Really Absurd’: Streaming giants are deleting fan-favourite 'Premalu' to force-feed its Hindi remake

Highlights

  • Premalu has disappeared from JioHotstar just as the trailer for its Hindi remake Prem Keetanu was released.
  • Fans have questioned why the Malayalam hit was removed ahead of the remake’s October theatrical release.
  • The remake’s trailer has already faced criticism from viewers who compared it unfavourably with the original.

There is something particularly awkward about launching a remake while the film it is based on has suddenly become harder to watch.

That is exactly what has happened with Prem Keetanu, the Hindi remake of Malayalam blockbuster Premalu. The trailer for the Veer Pahariya-starrer dropped on Monday, but instead of simply debating whether the remake can live up to the original, fans found themselves asking another question: where did Premalu go?

Keep ReadingShow less