Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Karan Johar announces his next featuring Deepika, Siddhant & Ananya

Filmmaker Karan Johar has announced his next production venture, which will be directed by successful director Shakun Batra. Shakun has previously helmed Ek Main Aur Ek Tu (2012) and Kapoor & Sons (2016) for Dharma Productions. Apart from calling the shots, he will also co-produce the project along with KJo.

The untitled relationship drama will star Deepika Padukone, Siddhant Chaturvedi and Ananya Panday in central characters. While Deepika and Ananya are set to collaborate with Dharma Productions for the second time, breakout star Siddhant is teaming up with the premier banner for the first time.

Announcing the project on Twitter, Karan Johar wrote, “He (Shakun Batra) is back with another dose of life and love! Deepika Padukone, Siddhant Chaturvedi and Ananya Panday in Shakun Batra’s next relationship drama, releasing on February 12, 2021! Can’t wait to see this magic unfold.”

Talking further about the project, KJo said in a statement, “Shakun has directed one of the most acclaimed films of Dharma Productions — Kapoor & Sons. With this movie, he also turns producer with us. His upcoming directorial is an intriguing relationship drama, which will release on Valentine’s Day 2021. I am proud and excited about Shakun’s vision as a versatile filmmaker.”

Shakun Batra, who returns to direction after three years, added, “I have had a wonderful journey with Karan and his production house for almost a decade now, and I can’t wait to get back into the director’s chair for my next. It’s a relationship drama where the characters find themselves stuck in a morally ambiguous zone.”

The yet to be titled project is set to mount the shooting floor early next year. It will hit the marquee on February 12, 2021.

More For You

Top India survey reveals Bollywood divide: A-listers thrive as crew members face 60 per cent pay cuts

Character artists, assistant directors, makeup artists and technical crews are among those hit hardest, with many relying on daily shoots and project-based income

Getty Images

Top India survey reveals Bollywood divide: A-listers thrive as crew members face 60 per cent pay cuts

Highlights

  • Entertainment workers report 50-60 per cent pay cuts compared to earlier years.
  • Behind-the-scenes staff most affected by industry slowdown.
  • Many workers leave Mumbai or take side jobs to cover expenses.
India's entertainment industry is facing growing money problems as workers across Bollywood and television production report major pay cuts and less work.
A survey by Top India, involving more than 1,000 people linked to the entertainment sector, shows many workers are either getting limited work or seeing their salaries drop sharply.

Many people in the survey said payments for available projects have fallen by nearly 50 to 60 percent compared to previous years. The money troubles come as the world deals with tensions and economic uncertainty.

Recent moves for energy savings and tighter spending across sectors have added pressure, with clear effects now showing in Bollywood and television production.

Keep ReadingShow less