Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Jonathan Majors breaks silence on being sexually abused by men and life after assault conviction

After his conviction and Marvel exit, Majors reveals untold trauma and his fight for a second chance.

Jonathan Majors

Jonathan Majors Speaks on Surviving Childhood Trauma, Legal Scandal, and Life After Marvel

Getty Images

Jonathan Majors is speaking openly about painful experiences he has kept quiet for years. The actor, once poised to be one of Hollywood's brightest stars, is now talking about his troubled past and uncertain future. In a recent interview, Majors revealed that from the age of nine, he was sexually abused by both men and women from individuals he trusted, who should have protected him. His father had already left by then, leaving his mother, a pastor, to raise him and his siblings alone in Dallas.

Until now, Majors had never publicly shared this part of his life. He said that the experience left deep scars that he carried into adulthood. "I was messed up," he admitted. It wasn’t until recently, after facing his own legal troubles and attending court-ordered therapy, that he began to confront these childhood traumas.


In 2023, Majors was found guilty of assault and harassment following an incident with his former girlfriend, Grace Jabbari. While he was acquitted of other charges, the guilty verdict had immediate consequences: he was dropped by Marvel Studios and lost several high-profile projects. After his sentencing in April 2024, he was required to complete a year-long domestic violence programme. But Majors says the process has forced him to take a hard look at himself.

He described finally opening up to his mother about the abuse. Her response was filled with regret, apologising for not having been able to protect him. Majors says he reassured her: "It’s not about blame anymore. I just wanted her to know the truth so we could move forward as a family."

Jonathan MajorsJonathan Majors Tells All: Childhood Abuse, Assault Conviction, and What’s Next After Marvel FiringHollywood Reporter


The actor believes that working through his past has helped him understand his actions better, though he stresses it doesn’t excuse them. “No excuses,” he said. “But when you get help, you start to see things clearly.”

Despite losing much of his former career momentum, Majors says he’s determined to rebuild his life. Close friends like Michael B. Jordan and Matthew McConaughey have shown him support. He’s also found new personal happiness and got engaged to actress Meagan Good in late 2024.

Jonathan MajorsJonathan Majors Breaks Silence on Abuse Trauma and Career Collapse After ConvictionGetty Images

With his new film Magazine Dreams set to release on March 21, Majors hopes it marks a turning point. Whether Hollywood is ready to welcome him back remains to be seen, but for Majors, the focus now is on healing and accountability. "You struggle, you learn, and you grow," he said. "That’s the only way forward."

More For You

Heidi Klum Venice Film Festival look with daughter Leni reignites criticism over mother-daughter lingerie fashion partnership

Heidi and Leni Klum pose together in co-ordinated Intimissimi gowns at the Venice Film Festival

Instagram/heidiklum

Heidi Klum Venice Film Festival look with daughter Leni reignites criticism over mother-daughter lingerie fashion partnership

Highlights:

  • Heidi Klum and daughter Leni walked the Venice Film Festival red carpet in matching corset-style gowns.
  • The supermodel opted for a blush pink silk design, while Leni wore an inky black version.
  • Both gowns were created by Italian lingerie brand Intimissimi, for which they are ambassadors.
  • The mother-daughter duo previously fronted a controversial campaign for the same brand.

Heidi Klum's Venice Film Festival appearances always generate headlines, but this year she doubled the impact by walking the red carpet with her daughter Leni. The pair stunned in co-ordinated gowns from Italian intimates brand Intimissimi, bringing high fashion and red carpet glamour together in one of the festival’s most talked-about moments. Their matching corset silhouettes highlighted the duo’s modelling credentials and added a striking family twist to the opening night of the prestigious event.

Heidi and Leni Klum pose together in co-ordinated Intimissimi gowns at the Venice Film Festival Instagram/heidiklum

Keep ReadingShow less
Ahaan Panday

Ahaan Panday says years of blind optimism kept him going before Saiyaara

Instagram/ahaanpandayy

Ahaan Panday says Bollywood wronged him and admits he was delusional before 'Saiyaara' broke box office records

Highlights:

  • Ahaan Panday opens up on being ‘wronged’ before his Bollywood debut
  • Actor admits he spent years in ‘blind optimism’ waiting for launch
  • Saiyaara has become the highest-grossing love story in Indian cinema history
  • The Mohit Suri directorial collected £53 million (₹563 crore) worldwide

Bollywood newcomer Ahaan Panday has revealed that he felt “wronged” by people in the industry before finally making his long-awaited debut with Mohit Suri’s Saiyaara. The 27-year-old actor, who comes from the well-known Panday family, said he lived in “blind optimism” for four to five years as projects kept falling through. Despite setbacks, Ahaan maintained that he never became bitter and channelled his struggles into his performance.

Ahaan Panday says years of blind optimism kept him going before Saiyaara Instagram/ahaanpandayy

Keep ReadingShow less
Lokah Chapter 1

Fans call Lokah Chapter 1 better than Kalki 2898 AD and Brahmastra

Instagram/dqswayfarerfilm/lokahofficial

‘Lokah Chapter 1’ box office shocks Bollywood as Kalyani Priyadarshan beats ‘Coolie’ and ‘War 2’ with UK screen surge

Highlights:

  • Lokah Chapter 1 has beaten big titles like Hrithik Roshan’s War 2 and Rajinikanth’s Coolie.
  • The Malayalam superhero film opened strongly and showed 40% growth on day two.
  • Fans have hailed it as better than big-budget spectacles like Kalki 2898 AD and Brahmastra.
  • Produced by Dulquer Salmaan, it marks the start of the Wayfarer Cinematic Universe.

The Malayalam film Lokah Chapter 1 has taken the box office by storm, with its opening weekend figures outpacing Bollywood and Tamil heavyweights. The superhero drama, directed by Dominic Arun, combines mythology, fantasy and science fiction, and has quickly found both commercial success and critical praise. Early numbers suggest that Lokah Chapter 1 box office earnings have already eclipsed Hrithik Roshan and Jr NTR’s War 2 and Rajinikanth’s Coolie, while sparking comparisons with Kalki 2898 AD and Brahmastra.

Lokah Chapter 1 Kalyani Priyadarshan as Chandra in Lokah Chapter 1, Mollywood’s first female superheroInstagram/lokahofficial

Keep ReadingShow less
Alison Balsom retirement

Alison Balsom prepares for her final bow at the Last Night Of The Proms 2025

Getty Images

Alison Balsom retirement confirmed as Proms star quits after saying trumpet career feels unsustainable with family life

Highlights:

  • Trumpeter Alison Balsom confirms retirement after 40 years of performing
  • Her final concert will be the Last Night of the Proms 2025 on 13 September
  • She will play the Hummel Trumpet Concerto in E flat major for her farewell
  • The 46-year-old OBE winner cites family and intensity of touring as reasons

Classical trumpeter Alison Balsom retirement news has been confirmed, with the British musician set to step away from performing after one last appearance at the Last Night of the Proms. Speaking to BBC Radio 4’s This Cultural Life, she revealed her “last night on stage” will be marked by playing the Hummel Trumpet Concerto, a work she has championed throughout her career. Married to filmmaker Sir Sam Mendes, Balsom said the decision was shaped by her family life and the unsustainable demands of constant touring.

Alison Balsom retirement Alison Balsom prepares for her final bow at the Last Night Of The Proms 2025 Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less
​Vishal and Sai Dhanshika engagement on his 47th birthday takes fans by surprise

Vishal and Sai Dhanshika at their Chennai engagement ceremony

​Vishal and Sai Dhanshika engagement on his 47th birthday takes fans by surprise

Highlights:

  • Actors Vishal and Sai Dhanshika got engaged on his 47th birthday in Chennai
  • Wedding postponed until the Nadigar Sangam building is completed
  • Couple first confirmed their relationship in May 2025 at a press meet
  • Celebrities and fans flooded social media with congratulatory wishes

Tamil cinema stars Vishal and Sai Dhanshika made their relationship official in May, and on Friday, 29 August 2025, the pair celebrated their engagement. The event took place on Vishal’s 47th birthday in Chennai, with close friends and family in attendance. The engagement was widely shared on social media after Vishal confirmed the news on his X handle.

The Vishal and Sai Dhanshika engagement has now become one of the most talked-about events in Tamil film circles, especially as the couple postponed their wedding until the Nadigar Sangam building’s completion, a cause close to Vishal as General Secretary of the organisation.

Keep ReadingShow less