Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Hinduja Group launches sale of Old War Office luxurious flats in London

Hinduja Group launches sale of Old War Office luxurious flats in London

LUXURY flats in the refurbished Old War Office (OWO) in the heart of London went on sale on Tuesday (15).

Owned by the Indian conglomerate, the Hinduja Group, the 85 apartments retain many of the building’s original features and adjoin Raffles London, the British debut of the Singapore-based hotel group that covers the other half of the building.


"Launching sales of these extraordinary residences is a significant milestone for us as a family and for the project team at The OWO - it’s one step closer to opening the storied building to the public for the first time where branded residences will sit alongside a flagship Raffles hotel,” said Gopichand P Hinduja, co-chairman of the Hinduja Group.

The sale offers a rare opportunity to own a piece of Winston Churchill’s legacy that was closed to the public for more than a century.

“London is one of the best cities in the world, steeped in history and tradition, and has been our home for over forty years. With our knowledge and experience in restoration of historic buildings, everything we do, and every decision made on the OWO is underscored by our passion and respect for the heritage of the building and long-term commitment to London,” he said.

War time leader Winston Churchill, TE Lawrence (of Arabia), and Lord Kitchener all worked in the building’s oak panelled rooms.

Churchill served as secretary of state for war from 1919-21. His old office in the building can be used by residents for meetings and private dinners.

A five-year project of renovation at the site will be completed in 2022.

The building will comprise the Raffles hotel with 125-rooms and suites, a collection of nine restaurants and bars, and an immersive spa.

The Hinduja Group, an international multi-billion turnover conglomerate founded in 1914, acquired the site in 2014.

It worked with a team of experts including Historic England and Museum of London Archaeology, and appointed EPR Architects to oversee the intricate redevelopment.

The hotel interiors have been designed by New York-based designer Thierry Despont.

“It is a remarkable building that lends itself perfectly to a masterpiece such as the OWO. The inherent majesty and grandeur of this site is entirely in keeping with the Raffles brand and, to have unearthed an opportunity within such historic walls to deliver a flagship hotel and the first Raffles branded residences in Europe, marks a significant moment for the Accor group,” said Sébastien Bazin, chairman and CEO at Accor.

The Old War Office faces Horse Guards and is adjacent to St James’s Park.

Residents, hotel guests and visitors will be a short stroll from Buckingham Palace, The National Gallery, The Tate and The Royal Academy, as well as Regents Street, Bond Street and Jermyn Street.

Sales are being conducted via Knight Frank and Strutt & Parker. Prices for a two-bedroom residence start from £5.8 million.

More For You

single-use vapes-iStock

Analysis by Material Focus estimates that 8.2 million vapes are discarded or littered each week in the UK—equivalent to 13 every second. (Representational image: iStock)

iStock

Shops told to clear single-use vapes before ban starts on June 1

SHOPS across the UK have until 1 June 2025 to sell off remaining stocks of single-use vapes before a nationwide ban comes into force.

The legislation, confirmed last year, follows a government consultation that showed strong support for restricting their sale and supply.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump’s Promise: TikTok Deal Before April 5 to Avoid Ban

This is not the first time that TikTok has been under scrutiny in the United States

Getty

Trump promises TikTok deal before April 5 to prevent ban

As the clock ticks towards the April 5 deadline, the future of TikTok in the United States remains uncertain, with President Donald Trump promising that a deal to resolve the app's ongoing issues will be struck before the deadline. The central issue at hand is whether TikTok's parent company, ByteDance, will be forced to divest the popular social media platform or face a ban in the U.S.

In a statement made aboard Air Force One late on Sunday, Trump confirmed that there was "tremendous interest" from potential buyers looking to acquire TikTok. He expressed his desire for the platform to "remain alive" and emphasized that multiple buyers were keen on striking a deal, suggesting that a solution would be reached before the deadline.

Keep ReadingShow less
Primark-London-Getty

During his 15-year tenure, Marchant expanded Primark’s store network to more than 450 locations across 17 countries in Europe and the United States. (Photo: Reuters)

Primark chief Paul Marchant steps down after misconduct probe

PAUL MARCHANT, the head of fashion retailer Primark, has resigned with immediate effect after admitting to an "error of judgment" in his behaviour towards a woman in a social setting.

Associated British Foods (AB Foods), Primark's parent company, announced his resignation on Monday.

Keep ReadingShow less
Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

Jaguar’s bold gamble: Can it woo young, wealthy drivers with a £123k EV?

JAGUAR’S ambition to seduce younger, richer drivers was on full display in Paris with a presentation of its newest prototype, the Type 00, which promises all-electric luxury... at a steep price.

The low-slung, muscular-looking concept car presented to European reporters last Friday (21) prefigures a production model expected mid-2026 at a base cost of €150,000 (£123,472.8).

Keep ReadingShow less
Starmer-Trump-Getty

Trump has suggested the possibility of a 'great' trade deal that could help the UK mitigate the impact of tariffs he has pledged to introduce. (Photo: Getty Images)

Starmer, Trump talk trade deal progress in 'productive' discussion

KEIR STARMER and Donald Trump spoke on Sunday about ongoing UK-US trade negotiations, with Downing Street describing the talks as "productive."

Since leaving the European Union, the UK has been working to secure a trade agreement with the United States. Successive British governments have pursued a deal, but it has remained elusive.

Keep ReadingShow less