Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Confirmed: Sara Ali Khan to romance Varun Dhawan in Coolie No.1 remake

After months of speculations, it has been confirmed that Varun Dhawan and Sara Ali Khan are set to team up for filmmaker David Dhawan’s next directorial venture Coolie No. 1. As the title suggests itself, the movie is the remake of the 1995 comic-caper Coolie No. 1, featuring Govinda and Karishma Kapoor in lead roles.

Confirming the news, writer Farhad Samji said, “It is a boon for any writer to work with a dedicated actor like Varun. I narrated the dialogue draft to him recently and he immediately asked me for a copy, so he could rehearse his lines even though there is still time for the film to go on the floors. I am looking forward to teaming up with Sara for the second time.”


There were some rumours that the film would be a sequel to the original film. However, Samji denied that the movie was a sequel. He said it will be “an adaptation in a new format” with “plenty of humour and colour, larger-than-life songs”.

Varun Dhawan is presently busy promoting his upcoming film Kalank. Sara Ali Khan, on the other hand, is shooting for her third movie which is untitled. It is rumoured that the movie is a sequel to the Imtiaz Ali-directed Love Aaj Kal. Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018) fame Kartik Aaryan is playing her love interest in the flick.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less