Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Asian firm acquires Kings Court Hotel for £2.75m

Nanak Hotels is led by British Indians Harpreet Singh Saluja and Karamvir Singh.

Asian firm acquires Kings Court Hotel for £2.75m

UK-based Nanak Hotels acquired the 60-room Kings Court Hotel in Warwickshire for £2.75 million. (Photo: Colliers International UK)

UK-BASED Nanak Hotels recently acquired the 60-room Kings Court Hotel, a 17th-century property in Warwickshire, England, for £2.75 million. This is the first regional acquisition by the privately held firm led by British Indians Harpreet Singh Saluja and Karamvir Singh.

Nanak Hotels, which operates a UK property portfolio, plans to invest in the property's refurbishment and repositioning, according to a statement from Colliers International UK, which brokered the transaction.


“We’re excited to bring Kings Court Hotel into our portfolio as our first Warwickshire acquisition,” said Saluja. “It has a solid foundation and loyal customer base. We see potential to develop the hotel while preserving its heritage.”

The West Midlands hotel, on a 4.2-acre site between Alcester and Redditch, began as a 17th-century farmhouse and now operates as a hospitality business with public areas, event and conference facilities and wedding capacity for up to 130 guests.

The hotel’s previous owner said Kings Court had been central to their work for over 30 years.

“It’s been a privilege to grow it into what it is today,” the owner said. “As we retire, we’re pleased to see it pass to a new owner who shares our commitment to hospitality and has a vision for its future.”

“The sale of Kings Court Hotel drew strong interest due to its size, location and trading performance,” said Josh Sullivan and Peter Brunt of Colliers International UK. “We’re pleased to have completed the transaction with Nanak Hotels and look forward to seeing how they develop the asset.”

In February, UK-based Shiva Hotels, led by founder and CEO Rishi Sachdev, secured $372m (£289m) to renovate The BoTree in Marylebone, London. Separately, Indian tech firm Oyo announced a $62m (£48m), three-year plan to expand its UK hotel portfolio by acquiring inventory and securing leasehold and management contracts, supporting 1,000 jobs.

More For You

Jio Platforms

Jio Platforms includes India’s largest telecom operator, Reliance Jio Infocomm, with more than 500 million users. (Photo: Reuters)

Reuters

Jio IPO planned for mid-2026, AI unit announced with Meta and Google

RELIANCE Industries plans to take its telecom and digital arm, Jio Platforms, public by mid-2026, chairman Mukesh Ambani said on Friday. The announcement sets a new timeline for the long-awaited IPO of a business analysts value at over $100 billion.

At its annual general meeting (AGM), Reliance also announced the launch of an artificial intelligence unit in partnership with Google and Meta.

Keep ReadingShow less
JLR-Getty

A logo is pictured outside a Jaguar Land Rover new car show room in Tonbridge, south east England. (Photo: Getty Images)

Getty Images

UK car exports to US rebound after trade deal

UK VEHICLE exports to the United States rose in July after a new trade deal between London and Washington reduced tariffs, industry data showed on Thursday.

According to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), exports increased 6.8 per cent in July to nearly 10,000 units, following three consecutive months of decline.

Keep ReadingShow less
enforcement directorate

The Enforcement Directorate searches were conducted at locations linked to the Gupta brothers, Piyoosh Goyal of World Window Group, and entities such as Sahara Computers and ITJ Retails Pvt Ltd.

Getty Images

India agency acts on South Africa request in Gupta brothers probe

INDIA's financial crime fighting agency, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Tuesday carried out searches at locations connected to the Gupta brothers of South Africa and their associates in a money laundering case.

The action followed a Mutual Legal Assistance Request (MLAR) received by India from South Africa in connection with the "state capture scam," reported PTI quoting sources.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump and Modi

Donald Trump speaks with the press as he meets with Narendra Modi in the Oval Office of the White House on February 13, 2025. (Photo: Getty Images)

Getty Images

Trump’s doubling of tariffs on Indian imports takes effect

Highlights

  • US tariffs on Indian imports rise to as much as 50 per cent
  • Nearly 55 per cent of India’s $87bn exports to US could be affected
  • Exporters warn of job losses and call for loan moratoriums
  • India says support measures will be offered to affected exporters

US PRESIDENT Donald Trump’s doubling of tariffs on Indian imports took effect on Wednesday, raising duties on some shipments to as much as 50 per cent. The move escalates trade tensions between India and the United States.

Keep ReadingShow less
Surat-diamond-Reuters

Craftsmen work on diamonds at a diamond processing unit in Surat, India, August 15, 2025. (Photo credit: Getty Images)

Getty Images

Tariff surge threatens one-third of India’s diamond exports

THE SURAT Diamond Bourse, billed as the world's largest office complex and bigger than the Pentagon, remains largely empty with only a few traders working.

Business has slowed, and the outlook is uncertain.

Keep ReadingShow less