Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

ArcelorMittal expects a 'challenging' year ahead; reports net loss in Q1

World's largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal on Thursday (7) reported a net loss of $1.1 billion for the first quarter ended 31 March, 2020, amid the COVID-19 crisis. The company reported net income of $0.4 billion in the same period last year.

The net loss for the steel giant was $1.9 billion for the fourth quarter of 2019.


"The improved operating performance in the first quarter has been considerably overshadowed by the COVID-19 crisis. Faced with a significant humanitarian challenge, the company's first priority has been to take all the necessary actions to safeguard the wellbeing of our people and to provide support to the extent required in the communities in which we operate," ArcelorMittal Chairman and CEO Lakshmi N Mittal said.

"We have also moved decisively to protect the business in the face of the completely unprecedented scenario we are facing where social and economic lockdown has contributed to a significant decline in demand."

Due to low demand the company also cut production during the January-March quarter.

Mittal hopes that countries will start to announce exit strategies from the COVID-19 lockdown in this month.

“The remainder of this year will be challenging, but I am confident that ArcelorMittal has the experience and inherent resilience, to manage through these difficult times," he said.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

'GTA 6' gameplay and map reportedly leak as CyberLeek warns Rockstar: ‘No one is safe’

Grand Theft Auto 6 appears to be facing another major leak

X/ ElvisB1t

'GTA 6' gameplay and map reportedly leak as CyberLeek warns Rockstar: ‘No one is safe’

Highlights

  • Unverified GTA 6 gameplay footage and an image claiming to show the full map have appeared online.
  • The material has reportedly been linked to a group calling itself CyberLeek, which has issued demands aimed at Rockstar and other publishers.
  • The group is reportedly protesting the gaming industry's shift towards digital-only releases and has warned that other publishers could be targeted.

Grand Theft Auto 6 appears to be facing another major leak, but the latest incident goes beyond footage appearing online. Two videos reportedly showing gameplay, along with an image claiming to be the game's complete map, have surfaced online and have been linked to a group that appears to be using the leak to challenge Rockstar Games and the wider industry's move towards an increasingly digital future.

The authenticity and age of the leaked material remain unconfirmed. Rockstar and parent company Take-Two have not publicly commented, although attempts are reportedly being made to remove the videos from social media.

Keep ReadingShow less