Unhygienic Indian restaurant in West Midlands fined £10,800


A failure to implement a food safety management system forced authorities to take legal action against the business at Isha’s in Stourbridge Road, Lye (Photo: CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images).
A failure to implement a food safety management system forced authorities to take legal action against the business at Isha’s in Stourbridge Road, Lye (Photo: CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images).

AN INDIAN restaurant in Lye has been slapped with a £10,800 fine after inspectors discovered a catalogue of hygiene failures.

The legal action came after serious hygiene failings at Isha’s restaurant were found by Dudley Council’s environmental health officials during an inspection in 2017.

A list of offences included restaurant’s failure to keep walls and floors as well as equipment including food containers and a microwave in clean and good condition.

A failure to implement a food safety management system forced authorities to take legal action against the business at Isha’s in Stourbridge Road, Lye.

The owners of the business, Rajori Garden Ltd, and company director, Ram Lal, pleaded guilty to five charges each under food safety and hygiene regulations at Wolverhampton Magistrates Court on March 7.

The company was fined £10,800 and ordered to pay £1,478 costs and a £170 victim surcharge.

Lal, 50, was fined £720 with £1,478 costs and £72 victim surcharge.