Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Nikki Haley raises £21.2m for her campaign

The Republican has seen a rise in donor interest, with nearly 40,000 new donors in the third quarter alone, the media release said

Nikki Haley raises £21.2m for her campaign

INDIAN American Republican politician Nikki Haley has raised $11 million (£8.99m) in the third quarter, bringing her total fundraising for her US presidential campaign to $26m (£21.2m), her campaign said on Monday (9).

Releasing the latest fundraising figures, the Haley campaign, known as “Nikki Haley for President”, said the amount raised in the third quarter was higher than the previous two quarters.


“This is a sign of her growing momentum,” her campaign said. The 51-year-old former two-term governor of South Carolina and former US ambassador to the United Nations has seen an increase in her nationwide support after her impressive performance at the second Republican presidential debate last month.

Haley’s campaign will report $11.6m (£9.48m) cash on hand, $9.1m (£7.43m) of which can be spent in the primary ahead of the presidential election in November 2024. Haley has seen a rise in donor interest, with nearly 40,000 new donors in the third quarter alone, the media release said.

“We have seen a big surge in support and have real momentum,” said Haley’s spokesperson Olivia Perez-Cubas.

“Nikki is emerging as the candidate who can move America beyond the chaos and drama of the past and present, and we have the resources we need to do it,” the spokesperson said.

However, she is well behind former president Donald Trump who is the leading Republican presidential candidate.

He raised more than $45.5m (£37.1m) in the third quarter, with over $37.5m (£30.63m) cash on hand.

More For You

Hong Kong fire

More than 4,600 people live in the estate, which was covered in bamboo scaffolding and green mesh as part of renovation works. (Photo: Getty Images)

Death toll in Hong Kong high-rise fire reaches 128; around 200 still missing


THE DEATH toll from Hong Kong’s worst fire in nearly 80 years rose to 128 on Friday, while about 200 people remained missing from the high-rise residential complex that was engulfed by flames, according to the city’s security chief.

The blaze began on Wednesday afternoon in the Wang Fuk Court development in Tai Po. The estate has eight towers, each 32 storeys high, and the fire spread through the buildings soon after it started.

Keep ReadingShow less