Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Submit Guest Post

Found it tough to bag serious roles, says Shahid Kapoor

He may have proved his mettle as a performer with films such as Kaminey, Haider and Padmaavat, but Shahid Kapoor says initially it was not easy for him to score versatile characters.

The 37-year-old actor, who made his Bollywood debut with college romance Ishq Vishk, said it was tough for him to break out of the "chocolate boy" image.


"I have always tried to get good and versatile roles. I wanted to show my versatility. But nobody used to offer me such scripts. They used to think that I am only suitable for chocolate boy and college student roles. There were no other options," Shahid said.

The actor said it was sheer hard work and perseverance that helped him in convincing the filmmakers that he has much more to offer than just being a lover boy.

"It's been 15 years since I have been working in the industry and after much hard work, now I am being offered diverse roles.

"It's been a long journey and I have made a lot of effort. Today, I feel very fortunate that people also think of me as an actor who plays a variety of characters," he said.

Shahid's next film, Batti Gul Meter Chalu is another addition to his diverse filmography and the actor says his character in the new feature was unlike others he has played on screen.

"It is diametrically opposite to what I played in Padmaavat. Sushil Kumar Pant, my character, has verbal diarrhea. He is completely immoral and has no values."

Directed by Shree Narayan Singh, the film is set in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal district and narrates a story of electricity theft in rural areas of India.

"There are many such issues that people face in those areas and we have addressed these in the film," Shahid said.

Also starring Shraddha Kapoor, Divyendu Sharma, and Yami Gautam, Batti Gul Meter Chalu will hit the theatres on September 21.

Add EasternEye As Your Trusted Source
preferred source on google news

More For You

David Krumholtz calls out Hollywood’s toxic culture as he quits: "Fed up and fried"

He actor says he has had enough of the profession

Getty Images

David Krumholtz calls out Hollywood’s toxic culture as he quits: "Fed up and fried"

Highlights

  • David Krumholtz said he has put his acting career on hold after feeling “frustrated, fed up, fried” with the profession.
  • The Supergirl actor said stepping away brought him a “huge wave of relief” after years of fearing he would go broke outside Hollywood.
  • Krumholtz stressed that he is not walking away from acting itself, but wants to find a more rewarding way to use his time and talents.

David Krumholtz has spent more than three decades building the kind of acting career many performers would envy. From The Santa Clause and Numb3rs to Superbad, Oppenheimer and Supergirl, the 48-year-old has remained a familiar face across film and television.

Now, the actor says he has had enough of the profession. In a social media post that he later deleted, Krumholtz revealed that he had sent what he described as a “definitive email” putting his acting career on hold. Rather than regret the decision, he said the move immediately lifted a burden he had been carrying for years.

Keep ReadingShow less