Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Britain's Konta out of Wimbledon after team member tests Covid positive

Britain's Konta out of Wimbledon after team member tests Covid positive

BRITISH number one Johanna Konta has been forced to withdraw from Wimbledon after a member of her team tested positive for Covid-19, the All England Club said on Sunday (27).

Konta, who was seeded 27th, must undertake a 10-day quarantine period after being identified as a close contact.


"A member of Johanna Konta's team presented with Covid-19 symptoms this morning, and immediately isolated and undertook a PCR test in accordance with The Championships' testing protocols," a statement said.

"A positive result was returned which resulted in the AELTC, together with Public Health England, identifying Johanna Konta to be a close contact. In line with government legislation, she is required to self-isolate for 10 days and therefore is withdrawn from The Championships."

More For You

​Hyderabad

Hyderabad captain Pat Cummins returned figures of 3-28 to help restrict Chennai to 180-7 in their final home game of the season.

Reuters

Hyderabad join Gujarat and Bengaluru in IPL playoffs

SUNRISERS HYDERABAD secured a place in the IPL playoffs with a five-wicket win over Chennai Super Kings on Monday, while Gujarat Titans also confirmed qualification.

Defending champions Royal Challengers Bengaluru had already qualified for the playoffs.

Keep ReadingShow less