Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

A Bollywood actress is ‘a lot more than being just size zero' says Double XL actress Huma Qureshi

Qureshi's upcoming film Double XL is a humourous take on body image issues and body shaming.

A Bollywood actress is ‘a lot more than being just size zero' says Double XL actress Huma Qureshi

In a recent interview, Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi, who is presently gearing up for the release of her forthcoming film Double XL, took a potshot at people’s obsession with size zero. She said that an actress is ‘a lot more than just a size zero.’

During the interview when Qureshi was asked to share her message for ‘girls who think size zero is the way to enter films,’ she immediately responded, “Not at all! If this film (Double XL), our careers, or many other women before or after us are anything to go by, it is not. It is your talent and hard work. If you want to be a Hindi film actress, there is a lot more than being just size zero.”


The actress has time and again emphasised that she is comfortable with her body and the way she looks. “Look at Meena Kumari and Madhubala. Did they worry about weight issues? I follow the old school of acting where your craft is more important than your weight. I'd like to applaud Vidya Balan for not succumbing to the trend of size zero,” she had earlier said in an interview with another publication. “Yes, we may have certain ideas or notions about size zero and all. But today there are so many female actors who are curvier and they all are doing very well for themselves. And I believe that it's high time we started looking at individual beautiful people rather than fit them into the same box.”

Meanwhile, Huma Qureshi’s film Double XL is a humourous take on body image issues and body shaming. In addition to her, the Satramm Ramani directorial also stars Sonakshi Sinha and Zaheer Iqbal. It also features cricketer Shikhar Dhawan in a cameo.

Double XL is slated to enter theatres on November 4, 2022.

Keep visiting this space over and again for more updates and reveals from the world of entertainment.

More For You

Channel 4 Headquarters

Speaking during Channel 4’s annual report presentation, Priya Dogra reportedly said she was “deeply sorry” for the distress experienced by female participant

iStock

Channel 4 chief apologises over distress caused to Married at First Sight contestants

  • Channel 4 boss Priya Dogra apologised over distress linked to Married at First Sight UK allegations.
  • MPs, police and Ofcom are examining how contestant complaints were handled.
  • The broadcaster has launched a welfare review and removed episodes from streaming.

Channel 4 is facing mounting pressure over contestant welfare on Married at First Sight UK after its chief executive publicly apologised to women involved in allegations of rape and sexual misconduct linked to the show.

Speaking during Channel 4’s annual report presentation, Priya Dogra reportedly said she was “deeply sorry” for the distress experienced by female participants whose allegations have triggered political scrutiny, police involvement and an external review into the reality programme.

Keep ReadingShow less