Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Mail with suspicious white powder sent to Donald Trump's daughter-in-law

US President Donald Trump's daughter-in-law Vanessa has been taken to the hospital after she opened mail containing suspicious white powder.

The letter was postmarked from Boston and it appeared to contain cornstarch, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News. The letter was addressed to Vanessa's husband, Donald Trump Jr., the president's eldest son.


Vanessa and two others were taken to New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center strictly as a precaution. Although the powder seemed nonhazardous, it has been sent to a lab for further testing.

Reacting to the situation, Trump took to Twitter and called it disgusting. The president wrote: "Thankful that Vanessa & my children are safe and unharmed after the incredibly scary situation that occurred this morning. Truly disgusting that certain individuals choose to express their opposing views with such disturbing behavior."

Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen also released a statement wondering why someone would target Vanessa. "How disturbed must a person be to do what they did to a mother of five children?'' said Cohen. "This dangerous and reckless act goes beyond political differences."

Sadly, this is not the first time Trump's family has had to deal with similar scary situations.

In 2016, mails containing white powder was sent twice to Trump Tower, which served as the president's campaign headquarters. The same year also saw Eric Trump receiving a mail containing white powder, which turned out to be harmless.

Trump also has been at the receiving end of various threats since assuming office in 2016. According to US Secret Service, the president receives about six to eight threats per day.

Earlier this year, an Utah man was arrested for plotting to kill Trump.

“I’m a Navy Seal…I woke up and decided going to kill the president Donald Trump today,” one threat read. “Please forgive me and then I will die by suicide by cop.”

He also labeled Trump as “sexist,” a “racist” and “homophobic.”

More For You

andy-burnham-starmer

Andy Burnham goes for his morning run on May 16, 2026 in Warrington, United Kingdom.

Photo by Gary Oakley/Getty Images)

Minister backs ​Andy Burnham as Labour leadership race takes shape

EDUCATION SECRETARY Bridget Phillipson became the first Cabinet minister to publicly support Andy Burnham's bid to return to parliament, as the Greater Manchester mayor moves closer to a possible challenge for the Labour leadership.

Phillipson on Saturday (16) told BBC that she had "certainly no intention to stand in the way of Andy being a candidate," adding that he would be "a strong candidate in putting himself forward."

Keep ReadingShow less