Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

British Airways Mumbai-London flight diverted to Baku

A British Airways flight from Mumbai scheduled to land at Heathrow airport this evening was diverted to Baku in Azerbaijan after declaring a "general emergency".

Reports from passengers on board BA198 indicated that engineers were at work to fix a technical fault on the aircraft before it could resume its journey to London.


The flight, which was scheduled to depart from Mumbais Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at 1315 hours took off after a delay of 3.40 hours earlier in the day.

One passenger tweeted that they were "stuck in Baku" due to technical fault, which involved smoke in the first class cabin.

BA, along with a number of other airlines, had issued an alert earlier today that many of its flights will be disrupted due to heavy snowfall in the UK on Sunday.

"Some flights will be disrupted today due to crew and aircraft being out of position following yesterdays weather. Please check your flight status ahead of travelling to the airport," a BA statement said.

Engineers in Baku are checking the aircraft, it said, adding, "we are awaiting more information about the situation".

The airline, however, did not share the number of passengers and crew on board the Boeing 777 aircraft.

More For You

Pentagon releases UFO files as Trump tells public to 'have fun and enjoy'

The government has long collected UFO data, including the Pentagon’s program started nearly two decades ago

Getty Images

Pentagon releases UFO files as Trump tells public to 'have fun and enjoy'

Highlights

  • War.gov/UFO website launches with secret reports.
  • Trump criticises previous administrations' secrecy.
  • Officials promise more files in coming releases.
The Pentagon has made public a large collection of UFO files that were kept secret for decades, giving Americans their first chance to examine detailed government records about unexplained objects in the sky.
The documents went online Friday through a new Defence Department website.

President Donald Trump announced the release on Truth Social, criticising earlier administrations for failing to be transparent on the subject.

"With these new Documents and Videos, the people can decide for themselves, 'WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?'" he wrote, adding "Have Fun and Enjoy!"

Keep ReadingShow less