Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Uri star Yami Gautam wishes to do yet another action flick

Yami Gautam’s latest film Uri: The Surgical Strike has set the domestic box-office on fire. The movie, which hit screens on 11th January, is showing no sign of slowing down in coming days. The Aditya Dhar directorial has already pocketed over ₹ 122 crores domestically and looking at its super strong pace at the cash counter, it can be easily said that it might even touch the coveted ₹ 200 crore club in days to come.

Yami, who plays RAW agent Pallavi Sharma in the action entertainer, has been receiving excellent response for her terrific performance in the flick. The actress has had such a fantastic experience while playing a fierce character like Pallavi in Uri that she wants to do another action film in near future.


Her spokesperson says, “Yami has been a fan of superhero films, especially Wonder Woman (2017). After her stint of aggression as Pallavi, she really wants to push and do a full-fledged action film”.

The spokesperson adds that the actress is always looking for something which can push her limit as an actor. “She is always looking for something which can push her limit as an actor and performer and she can wow her audience with something they have never seen or even imagined her to do. Yami feels inspired with Uri to take on a challenge to essay the role of an action star. She is currently very excited to see the kind of opportunities that are coming her way and she’s most excited to dabble in the action genre and essay a central action-oriented character soon”.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less