Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

It's been a fulfilling journey: Kareena Kapoor on 20 years in Bollywood

Bollywood star Kareena Kapoor says the reason behind her longevity in the film industry, where female actors are reminded of their 'shelf-life', is her loyal fanbase that has stayed by her side in her two decade long career.

The 39-year-old star, who made her debut in 2000 with JP Dutta's Refugee, says she is still having a golden run by working in projects that she always wanted to be a part of.


"It has been very fulfilling and I am happy that I can now do the work that I've wanted to. I want to, obviously, continue working all my life because it is difficult as people say that actresses have a shelf-life.

"After two decades, getting married and having a child, it is great to see the kind of love and support fans have given me. It is the reason for my longevity. My audiences have always supported me and that is why I'm here even today,” Kareena said.

Kareena, who has given memorable performances in ChameliAsokaOmkara and Jab We Met, married her Tashan co-star Saif Ali Khan, who, she says, has been a constant support.

"He never asks me what films I'm doing but he has always been there for me. We discuss his work a lot, but he never really asked me which film I'm doing. He only asks me when will I be home because he wants to spend time with me, but otherwise there's no such filter,” she adds.

The actor is currently filming for superstar Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chadha, which is an official Hindi adaptation of Tom Hanks' classic Forrest Gump.

Aamir recently shared Kareena's first look from the film on Valentine's Day with a sweet message, saying romancing her on the screen comes naturally to him.

Kareena says the feeling is mutual as her 3 Idiots and Talaash co-star is someone she looks up to.

"I wish I will always have the opportunity to work with Aamir. He is a living legend in my eyes. I have a lot of respect and regard for him.”

The actor adds that her character in the Advait Chandan-directed film will come as a surprise to fans.

"This film is very close to my heart because it's a different character for me. And I'm sure people will be slightly shocked.

Post Laal Singh Chadha, she will start working on Karan Johar's magnum opus Takht. The Mughal era-set film will marks her first collaboration with Karan after 2001's Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

"I'm really looking forward to it because I'm working with Karan again after so many years. I'm also excited as I think both me and Karan have changed dramatically since Kabhi.”

“It's almost been 20 years since I've worked with him, and I think I'm a different actor today. And he's also grown from strength to strength as a director and a person. The dynamic is going to be very exciting to finally be on set with him.”

The movie also features Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Alia Bhatt, Bhumi Pednekar and Janhvi Kapoor.

The actor says she is in the movies to entertain people and moving ahead would like to continue doing the same.

"I want to do different films. I'm here to entertain the audience and that is something that I hope to continue doing. Apart from that, there's no plan. I have never had a blueprint... I'm there till my fans are willing to watch me."

More For You

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

Aditya Chopra (right) with his father, Yash Chopra

YRF

DDLJ director Aditya Chopra earns UK Stage Debut Awards nod for 'Come Fall in Love'

BOLLYWOOD filmmaker Aditya Chopra was last Thursday (21) named among the nominees of the UK Stage Debut Awards for his Come Fall in LoveThe DDLJ Musical, performed at Manchester’s Opera House earlier this year.

Chopra delivered a blockbuster in 1995 with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, popular as DDLJ, with Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead roles. It was adapted to a theatrical production and had its UK premiere in May.

Keep ReadingShow less
John Alford

The case continues at St Albans Crown Court

PA

Actor John Alford on trial for alleged abuse of minors, says he was targeted for extortion

Highlights:

  • John Alford, 53, is accused of sexually abusing two girls aged 14 and 15 at a Hertfordshire party in 2022.
  • Charges include sexual activity with a child, sexual assault and assault by penetration.
  • Prosecutors allege both girls were drunk when the incidents occurred.
  • Alford, whose real name is John Shannon, denies all allegations.
  • The trial is taking place at St Albans Crown Court.

Former London’s Burning actor John Alford is on trial accused of sexually abusing two teenage girls at a house party in Hertfordshire on 9 April 2022.

The 53-year-old, from Holloway, north London, faces four counts of sexual activity with a 14-year-old and two charges involving a 15-year-old girl, including sexual assault and assault by penetration. He has denied all the charges.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hyundai fraud case SRK Deepika

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have been listed in the complaint as brand ambassadors of Hyundai

Getty Images

Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone named in fraud case linked to Hyundai car defects

Highlights:

  • An FIR has been registered in Bharatpur against Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Hyundai officials.
  • A local resident alleges his Hyundai Alcazar SUV, bought in 2022, developed major defects.
  • The case includes fraud and conspiracy charges under IPC and Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita.
  • Both actors, Hyundai brand ambassadors, are accused of misleading consumers.
  • Neither Shah Rukh Khan nor Deepika Padukone’s teams have responded yet.

Legal case filed in Bharatpur

Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone are facing legal trouble after an FIR was filed against them in Bharatpur, Rajasthan. The complaint, registered on 25 August at Mathura Gate police station, also names six Hyundai officials.

The case stems from allegations made by Kirti Singh, a Bharatpur resident, who claimed his Hyundai Alcazar SUV, purchased in 2022 for more than ₹23 lakh, developed serious technical issues within months. He further alleged that repeated attempts to get the company to address the problems were unsuccessful.

Keep ReadingShow less
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Swift’s choice of So High School—widely believed to be inspired by Kelce—added a personal touch

Instagram/ taylorswift

Taylor Swift announces engagement to Travis Kelce with playful message to fans

Highlights:

  • Taylor Swift announced engagement to American footballer Travis Kelce via Instagram.
  • Kelce proposed in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, surrounded by floral displays.
  • Swift showcased a cushion-cut diamond ring from Artifex Fine Jewellery.
  • Fans and celebrities, including the Prince and Princess of Wales, reacted with excitement.

Taylor Swift confirms engagement with Instagram Post

Taylor Swift has announced her engagement to American football player Travis Kelce, sharing the news on Instagram with a carousel of images and the caption: “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.” The post, accompanied by her ballad So High School, quickly went viral, gaining more than 18 million likes within hours.

The photos show Kelce on one knee, Swift wearing a Ralph Lauren halter-neck dress and a Cartier watch, and the singer flashing her cushion-cut diamond engagement ring. According to reports, the ring was purchased from Artifex Fine Jewellery, with prices beginning at around $29,000 (£21,500).

Keep ReadingShow less
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Lilly Singh reveals she’s been diagnosed with ovarian cysts
Getty Images

Lilly Singh joins Netflix’s Bollywood dance film 'Best of the Best'

NETFLIX has expanded its cast for Best of the Best, a coming-of-age film set around competitive Bollywood dancing, with comedian Lilly Singh joining in.

Hasan Minhaj and Prashanth Venkataramanujam have penned the story, about what happens when two childhood friends join the Bollywood dance team at their college. Minhaj will also act.

Keep ReadingShow less