Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

‘EastEnders’: Nina Wadia teases potential return as Zainab Masood

On the work front, Wadia is set to narrate children’s TV stop-motion series Tweedy and Fluff.

‘EastEnders’: Nina Wadia teases potential return as Zainab Masood

British actress and comedian Nina Wadia has teased a possible return as Zainab Masood on the popular BBC One soap opera EastEnders.

The said character was last seen on the show in 2013 when she left Walford with her young son Kamil, who she shares with ex-husband Masood Ahmed, played by Nitin Ganatra.


In her latest magazine interview, Wadia said that she is “sure” she would go back to Albert Square at some point.

“Part of me needed to leave and I was devastated. I did not suit being in the same character for that long and I was finding myself climbing the walls with just playing Zainab,” the 54-year-old said. “They were kind to me on the show in that they did not kill her off and I am sure at one point I will return.”

The actress, who has several successful shows to her credit and has also worked alongside Bollywood stars Rishi Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, and Katrina Kaif in the Hindi film Namastey London (2007), added that Masood is still one of the characters for which she gets recognised the most.

“I still get called Zainab when I am out and about. I still get asked when I'm going back to EastEnders, and if I love Masood even though I left over a decade ago!” she added.

On the work front, Wadia is set to narrate children's TV stop-motion series Tweedy and Fluff.

Stay tuned to this space for more updates!

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less