Skip to content
Search

Latest Stories

Akshay Kumar’s Bell Bottom in trouble?

Akshay Kumar, who is currently basking in the thunderous success of his recent release Housefull 4 (2019), has his plate full with some exciting projects. After Housefull 4, he is awaiting the release of Dharma Productions’ Good Newwz, co-starring Kareena Kapoor Khan, Kiara Advani and Diljit Dosanjh.

Good Newwz will be followed by Sooryavanshi, which reunites the superstar with Katrina Kaif after a long gap of a decade. After Sooryavanshi, Khiladi Kumar will be seen in Laxmmi Bomb with Kiara Advani. His historical drama Prithviraj with debutante Manushi Chhillar may arrive on Diwali next year. The actor will be wrapping up 2020 with the release of Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment’s Bachchan Pandey.


The actor recently also announced a new film titled Bell Bottom, which was believed to be an official remake of a Kannada movie of the same name. However, Akshay Kumar went on to say that Bell Bottom is not a remake, something which did not go down well with the makers of the Kannada film.

Pointing out some similarities between his film and Akshay Kumar’s Bell Bottom, Ravi Varma, who owns the remake rights of Bell Bottom, told an entertainment portal, “We have not sent any legal notice to anyone yet but there should be no similarities between Kannada and Hindi Bell Bottom. After acquiring the rights of Bell Bottom, I gave the movie to several production houses in Mumbai. Nikkhil Advani is also one of them. I feel they have taken the concept and the style from Kannada Bell Bottom movie.”

“The title and Akshay Kumar’s character in the poster that was released is similar to that of Kannada Bell Bottom. I have informed the Hindi team about this and they told me Akshay Kumar will discuss the issue with me,” added Ravi Varma.

“One of our guys has registered the Hindi title but, there is a rumour that he has sold the title, and there are discussion going on about this. Once we have clarified it with the Hindi team, I will call a press conference and give out the correct information. I am only concerned about our Kannada film, eventually, it is also an Indian film,” concluded Ravi Varma.

More For You

Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London

Getty Images

Kevin Spacey faces three more sexual assault claims as London court revives a halted 2022 case

Highlights:

  • Three men file fresh allegations, stretching back more than a decade
  • London court signals a 2026 trial window, still deciding format
  • Spacey denies wrongdoing, two formal defences filed so far
  • Old Vic years come up again, with one claimant waiving anonymity

Kevin Spacey is facing three fresh sexual assault claims in London. The earliest goes back to 2000. Judges have mentioned a trial date, but lawyers are still arguing over whether the cases should run together or one by one. The filings put a spotlight back on Spacey’s years at the Old Vic and his time working in the UK.

Kevin Spacey Kevin Spacey speaks to press after leaving court at Southwark Crown Court on July 26, 2023 in London Getty Images

Keep ReadingShow less